LUNA and POD 2.0

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

did anyone tried the "reamping" function of pod 2.0 (not the rack version) with luna?
i mean: you record a dry guitar track on your sequencer (perhaps using the tube amp simulator on pod) and then you enter the POD from the analog out of luna, process the dry guitar coming from the seq with pod and record it again, with the modeled amp sound....
does it works???
at0m

Post by at0m »

Well,

I recorded guitar with a mic in front of the amp (playing loud) instead of in plugged in the guitar, and the VU was high enough for good conversion.

When I talk/sing into the mic, VU is too low for good recording.

Bosone, make sure your guitar recorded volume is high enough, I bet you won't need pre-amp then. Monitor your VU meters... I think the 0- -18dB gives good quality. Below -18dB, digital amp'ing and conversion will not be that accurate.

Hit me if I'm lying :lol:
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

I do this frequently (but I have a Pod Pro). As Atomic indicated, it's important to have a very good strong, clean signal to start with - then you can get great results. Make sure you use some type of direct box when recording the dry, clean guitar signal.

Frequently, when I'm recording a client, I'll take the dry signal out of my Pod Pro and record that to a "temp" track. That way, if the processed guitar sound isn't sitting in the mix well, I can easily go back and re-amp a new guitar track with a better Pod setting.