Beginners Study

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Beginners Study

Post by fraz »

Hi,

I recently posted a question on one of the other forums within Planetz and ChrisWerner suggested the possiblity of starting a beginners learning guide to using SFP which I think is a good idea. I'm not a total beginner but am not by any means an experienced user so would benefit from a beginners study if the more experienced users would be prepared to start one off.

I write this post in an attempt to consolidate on ChrisWerners suggestion and to ask if any more interest could be generated so this could go ahead. I would love to learn more on the overall possibilities of using SFP and how to actually put it practice on the understanding of doing is learning.

If there is enough interest and willingness on behalf of the more experinced users I would propose that it is put into action quite soon. What do you think?...

Thanks in advance.
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

Well I think that's a great idea. I'm learning fast but some more technical stuff still baffles me cause I do not come from a computer background. (music) so I'm sure even in my limited knowledge I can help out with a very very beginning and so forth leaving some of the heavier questions for some of the gurus. Although they are so generous it is staggering. Count me in....
fraz

Post by fraz »

OK Mr Crickstone... :D,

In a few days I'll get reading the Pulsar manual as I'm busy for the next couple of days and then I'll pick something I know nothing or not much about then we can start something off and see where it leads... :D ...how does that sound?
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

Sounds like a plan....I'll do the same in a couple of weeks when things aroudn here settle down....hope others jump on board too...
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'll help, but please don't make me type, i can only use about three fingers....(when typing)
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I am really busy at the moment but I´ll join in as soon as possible.
To get a small start, I thought on topics like ...

-What is the Scope Fusion Platform?
-Sequencer integration
-Outboard/Studio integration

To name the most asked questions.

We should keep it short but informative.
A good thing to revive the study section.
grappa

Post by grappa »

Hi,

Don't know if this is still live and kicking but more than happy to lend a hand.

Simon
Lima

Post by Lima »

Count me for the help :-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
fraz

Post by fraz »

OK,

Sorry for not getting started more quickly. This thread will live and hopefully help me and many others.
Crickstone

Post by Crickstone »

I can help with some newbie questions since I am just beyond that and leave the more involved ones to the elite of Scope like Mr. Gary and Tommy and the rest.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

I'm in, although I'll probably get more than I give.
Fraz - Chris did a workshop a few years back - have a look to see if that is still around (search on "Workshop"), but I doubt it.

Chris - it may also be good to add file placement to the list. Let me explain:
There are lots of new devices coming onto the planet thanks to developers and enthusiasts. Some of the mdl's need to be in certain folders to be recognised and it starts to get confusing for dummies like me.
Perhaps developers can add this when they upload a device but it may be a useful talking point for structuring etc.

Fraz - I'm only a few miles down the road from you in Stoke - it may be worth a get-together sometime??
fraz

Post by fraz »

Fraz - I'm only a few miles down the road from you in Stoke - it may be worth a get-together sometime??

Hi Neil,

I remember you being one of the first people here on Z to reply to my early posts. You did suggest this a while back and I did have your email address but if I remember correctly you said you had sold your Creamware card - Is this right?

Good idea getting together sometime. I picked a synth up from Stoke a couple of years back and there were all those roadworks on the A500. Sorry for the OT bit.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

No, I haven't sold my card - it'd be like selling the missus :lol:

Hmmm, that gives me an idea on how to have more than one card...............