Steinberg Houston - can it control PulsarMixer?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mano

Post by mano »

Hi folks!

I was wondering if the Steinberg Houston controller was ONLY to control Cubase VST, or if it was possible to also control the PulsarMixer.

I am looking at this one because it has automation and that would be sweet :smile:

Otherwise ill just get a Peavey PC1600x and forget about automation for now
at0m

Post by at0m »

Pc1600x has 3 fader "mode's", Merge, Replace and Update.
The “mode” parameter determines how matching incoming controller messages will be handled. The three modes
are as follows:
Merge:
Incoming controller messages that match a fader are always passed through the PC 1600x. The MIDI data
generated from fader movement is merged with the data passing through the unit.
Replace:
Incoming controller messages that match a fader are passed through the PC 1600x until the fader is moved. The
matching incoming controller messages are filtered until the Exit button is pressed while on the Main page. This
mode allows direct replacement of data in an existing stream of controller messages.
Update:
Incoming controller messages that match a fader are passed through the PC 1600x until the fader is moved. The
data sent when the fader first moves will always match the last value that passed through the PC 1600x, regardless
of the position of the fader. The matching incoming controller messages are filtered until the Exit button is
pressed while on the Main page. This mode allows seamless modification of data in an existing stream of controller
messages.
The Update function will give smooth control, as long as you send the midi through the Pc1600x.

:cool:

http://www.peavey.com/midi/pc1600x.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2002-02-16 17:54 ]</font>
mano

Post by mano »

you are right it does make a difference
i should get the Peavey for now and see if i really need more :smile:

will order it next week then
thanks atomic see you around :smile: