Regarding DAS.

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

do you agree with counterparts first post in this thread?

yes
52%
no
48%

Total votes: 23

next to nothing

Regarding DAS.

Post by next to nothing »

There you go.
Last edited by next to nothing on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Regarding DAS:

They've never apologised for accusing people of hacking.

They've never apologised for for the various names they've called people.

They take sly digs at developers who release their products for free.

They are unprofessional.

i find their devices unremarkable.

There you go for starters.

'mythoman' - Mr Arkadin.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I was looking for 19" racks in the local trading rag today, and instead i found an early 60's sparkle red Premier drumkit for 550 ocker dollars.

Thats USD $444, folks! ..............333 euro!! .............a la Keith Moon !!!!!

I bought it. It rocks the f#&ker.

Now das what i'm talkin' bout! :D
next to nothing

thank you for posting :)

Just so you guys understand, i made this thread just to avoid all the polluting thats happening in every other das thread.

if people could just keep the flaming in here i for one will be a happy individual!

please follow the Forum Rules though, this isnt like a "no-rules-apply" spot.

hopefully i will be able to read about on-topic stuff in the other threads now!

i guess i can only deam, but some times dreams comes true.
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

My 2p:

I think that the shit-flinging should stop.

All the threads in question should be completely removed from the board and we should draw a line under it all and start afresh.

Any further accusations / insults / whatever should take place in the private domain between the people concerned and should not appear on the board.

Royston
wayne

Post by wayne »

That's what i was trying to say, Royston - didn't come out right.

Let it go, folks, don't want no flippin' fight club here :(
Last edited by wayne on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
petal

Post by petal »

I agree.

I don't care who started it or who said what.

At this point all I see is that both parties are throwing fuel on a fire that they have been told to put out many times now.

Please stop all this childish nonsense - all of you!
next to nothing

Spot on, Royston!

This is what i hope we can achieve!
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Mr Arkadin said it all. DAS is free to comment on every thread here, but I just can't see how we can discuss platform development, and free plugs, politely with DAS taking part. DAS has not made a SINGLE apology for their behaviour. Not one. If you can find one, please link to it. And everyone on Z has tried to reconcile with DAS, to no avail. I suspect most of the people wanting this to 'just go away' will feel differently when Eric suddenly goes postal on them. Bullies generally don't go away if they think they can get away with their BS. If I go up to a person in a bar, and randomly tell them to f*ck off and throw my drink in their face, I don't think many people would consider 'smoothing things over'. In my opinion they are ruining this message board, and if DAS does not want to fix things, they will stay the way they are.

I don't subscribe at all to the theory that 'being a genius' excuses that kind of behaviour. To me that's a lot of what ruined rock and roll. Lot of people in the music business disagree obviously...
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Thanks for the eloquent reply Liquid Len. Yes, Latino blood does not mean that you can tell me to f*ck myself or anyone else for that matter. And i can't subscribe to drawing a line under it - that logic runs like this:

i call you a f*ckwit (my word).
You ask for an apology.
i don'y apologise then tell you to go f*ck yourself.
You then draw a line under the whole thing allowing me to carry on posting what the hell i like with impunity.

See the flaw?

regards,
Mythoman (whatever that is)

PS. i really did try and stay out of that new announcement, but even then D*S couldn't just announce it, they had to stick in a sly dig at the freeware developers.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Yes, I've been wondering about the 'Mythoman' thing myself... Maybe it's really a good thing, and DAS has been complimenting all this time..
Last edited by Liquid Len on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

So what was counterparts question seeing as it's been removed ?
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is the place for venting the frustration that surrounds them Thanks 4 putting it where it belongs.

As far as I'm concerned about the anouncement threads, and device threads, If you haven't anything good to say about certain developements, or won't financially help out, let them at least try to sell w/o interuptions 4 the guys who are interested. I care not about the politics, as disruptive as it is. Our goal here is to excell w/ our platform, w/ help from CW, or anyone who has devoted their time in such constructive ways.

Why Can't We All Just Get Along,........................Rodney King, L.A. 1994

To serve and protect use to be the slogan on the door decals of the LA black and whites.

It now reads ,...We'll treat you like a King,..........ankyu,............ankyuvarymush.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

scope4live wrote:As far as I'm concerned about the anouncement threads, and device threads, If you haven't anything good to say about certain developements, or won't financially help out, let them at least try to sell w/o interuptions 4 the guys who are interested.
With all due respect Jimmy, DAS's latest announcement contained a dig at the freeware developers - so if they want peace in their threads then they have to stick to the facts ma'am.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Well Jimmy, it would be awesome if DAS put all their insults, their arrogance, their lies and accusations on this thread too. Do you think that will happen?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Agreed, I saw it, and thought to myself, " Olive, don't unleash Eric just yet, let the thread develop, 4 at least a few remarks."

I do see your points, and both sides of the coin.

Principles are at stake.

Me on the other hand, as Wayne would say, I will turn my baseball cap around to allow more cock in my throat for an awesome plug. But I am fighting a deeply rooted addiction 4 SFP, and 3rd party developers, so if it's cock I must suck, bring it on. I can also use both hands.

Sorry I Can't Help Myself,
hubird

Post by hubird »

(edit: you guys were much faster)
you describe exactly the problem Liquid.
It's nonsense to say Ídon't care who starts it but stop it'.
Every time D*S leaves us alone for a few days, we have fun.
Do you ever see me pissing off people here?
I'm always re-acting on D*S, as I like them to be unmasked as insulting nerds without respect for the community in which they are a guest.
Protesting against their behaviour does help, as I think they start getting the clue somehow.
At least, I got a pm, I should delete my quote so that D*S could delete the wrecked sentense...
But I had to do it first...you see...
He could have posted 'sorry I didn't meant it that way', and delete the sentense, and I would probably have done the same with my quote.
But the word sorry isn't part of the vocabulaire of D*S.

Several times D*S insulted the SDK group by naming the free plugs bullshit, and as the prove of it they scynically mentioned the many beta's.
That was in the middle of the heat of the conflict, this time however it comes out of the blue, in an announcement.
Ever seen a 3rd party developer snering in public about the number of beta's of some enthousiast free developers while announcing a plug that we should buy??

D*S never apologized to the free developers for their absurd accusations.
The last clash here happend just a few days ago.
Now D*S comes with an announcement of a new plug for us to buy, with a oh so nice-doing with-the-boys subject...
But then seeing them having the guts to sneer their amateur collegues in exactly the same announcement was just a bridge too far for me, ha!

You won't hear me when they start acting professional, but if they don't I will open my mouth.
The polluting of another announcement'', what you're speaking of Piddy, had started already in the first post of that thread...
cheers.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

DAS's latest announcement contained a dig at the freeware developers
not at all Mr AR.....

it was simply a truth ... it's very hard and long to achieve a "public" device ...

and i don't care at all if some have many and many beta ...
if i can expose my opinion ? i can ?

i do think that it's better take all the time you need and have lots and lots schematics (even written on papers) before start a dev !!!
and what i see on "device" thread is that , PEHARPS some SDK dev should try and develop in "their heads" before opening SDK !!!

there were no arrogance or anything else ... we are in the same situation ...

in one side, we think : kool i will develop this and quickly propose it ... and in the other side there's reality ... i mean a device full of bugs, some function we did not "intelectualize enough", some "no way" ways ...

This is the REALITY when you try to tweak with SDK !

btw, a "special " thread about DAS is an honor !!!

cheers
olive
hubird

Post by hubird »

PR is an art on it's own...even when you don't wanne insult (like you say)- you seem to do yet...
Good PR pays back, in tenthfolds.
Like apologizing for the false accusations would do.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

PR is an art on it's own...even when you don't wanne insult (like you say)- you seem to do yet...
Good PR pays back, in tenthfolds.
Like apologizing for the false accusations would do.
???