bugs/crashes 204a

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Hello, I am experiencing massive crashes with the new pulsar version (pulsar1, matroxG400, 686BXS-Board, 256RAM) Crashes appear in connection with the graphics-driver (vmm*.vxd)and result in either blue screens, locked systems or a miraculous disappearance of the pulsar-software. Very heavy problems appear also, when I am exiting the pulsar-software.
Anybody else?

Post by Guest »

Subject: No crashes for me

I installed 2.04a as soon as it came out, and have had no problems, and certainly not of the severity you describe.

I think it is as stable as 2.01 (pulsarI + pulsarII SRB, G400, ABIT BE6-II, 256 MB RAM, IDE-HDD)

Maybe you have a smashed up graphics driver ?

Try run the system file checker, a Microsoft-utillity, that will run through all your systemfiles (drivers, dll's etc.) and check them for bad versions (when overwritten by obsolete versions during installation of bad/old software), corrupted files etc.
it's called sfc.exe and should be located in C:Windowssystem.

When you run it first time, it will probably pop up with a lot of questions for you, look carefully at all of them to see, whether the files is corrupted or just has been updated since you installed your system.

It's very good to run this, say one a month, in order to keep your system healthy.

Hope it works for you, and that your merry-christmas-mood can still be saved.

Cheers
Stubbe