New user problems - please help

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

phaedra

New user problems - please help

Post by phaedra »

I am 100% new to MIDI and just picked up a PRO-12, I have tried getting this set up thru my cpu and thru a K2000 as a master keyboard with no results.

With the CPU I can get the ASB to control the buttons and the knobs on the program, but whatever I do I cannot get audio out. It has not made a sound thru my mixer yet besides a small pop when i turn the power on.

In the prefs section I have the MIDI IN and OUT sections both on 'USB Audio Device' and Channel 1, the ASB is set to omni 1. this is the only setting I can get the program to react to what the ASB is doing.

Can anyone help, I think ive tried everything. It is either lack of knowledge at this point or something in my unit is defective, but I am getting no sound.

Thanks
Chris
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Well I have been playing with this for hours with no luck. Figured the easiest way to test it was just by hooking it up to a computer thru USB and using the built in MIDI keyboard in the software, still no audio.

I have an email into creamware asking any suggestion, and if anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Chris
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

in the midi software i presume the prefs are setup ok and u have a response giving the os version of the machine (in midi prefs).

if so then software kybd should be fine, otherwise it is not talking to device and will not work.

if still no sound, then it is most likely "knackered"!
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Thanks, yeah I have tried everything. Hooking it up to the computer with midi and usb, I can get the software to react to the hardware but still no audio out (I have the ASB running to my mixer), only time I get audio is when I power the thing up and I hear a small pop. Thinking this unit is bunk.

Chris
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Have you tried uploading a new bank of sounds to it, in case the presets are stuffed. Then speak to your dealer for a swap. I ahve a asb and klnagbox and both are built extremely well.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Yes I downloaded the preset/classic bank from the webpage and uploaded it into the machine and still nothing.

Ali from creamware responded to me this afternoon saying they will order my key to try the update.

Does anyone know how long it takes to order a key, and why they have to order it??? isnt it just a password????

This all sucks but I don't think its going to stop me from buying the Prodyssey as my next purchase.
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Well if this is the problem I will wear a dunce cap.

Do the analog outs need to be TRS cables, I noticed another post on this board stating cables sound be TRS mono and that is not what I've been using (typical guitar cables). I didn't see anything in the manual about this unless I missed it.

If so I'll grab some tomorrow.

Thanks
luisfer167

Post by luisfer167 »

Hello Phaedra

I have the same problem with mi minimax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. At least!!!!! . http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16949.
Exchange your ASB......
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

phaedra wrote:Well if this is the problem I will wear a dunce cap.

Do the analog outs need to be TRS cables, I noticed another post on this board stating cables sound be TRS mono and that is not what I've been using (typical guitar cables). I didn't see anything in the manual about this unless I missed it.

If so I'll grab some tomorrow.

Thanks
I use normal guitar cables on my PRO12 and Prodyssey, so should be fine. Shame not a headphone socket to see if device working!

Sounds broken/bust/knackered/shagged/b*ggered etc
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

thanks for the help everyone, audio outs are definately dead. item is being returned.