Patch conversion from pro-53 to Creameware Pro-12 ASB

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

edautana

Patch conversion from pro-53 to Creameware Pro-12 ASB

Post by edautana »

Hi everyone!

I have been working during the last year with the pro-53 and I changed to Creamware Pro-12 because in my opinion the sound is FATTER and more OrGaNiC, it sounds like the real thing, it's easy to use, the real hardware knobs are the “hardware heaven” of the old school, IT ROCKS!!!.

I’m still waiting for my key authorization from Creamware in order to install the new OS in the box, (maybe they are celebrating Xmas...), looks like it will fix some minor glitches (larger glissando, and some crack noises).

I have a LOT! of personal patches created in the pro-53 last year and I tryed to pass them manually (knob by knob) to the Pro-12 and you could imagine how tedious it is. At the same time the knobs' position is slightly different between them. And by seing the knobs position in the screen translated into the Pro-12 could be everything but precise.

Did someone know about a translator program to make this work easier?. Anyway, I imagine that some final retouches are required but I can live with it.

Which alternatives do you think that I have?

Thank you very much in advance for the advice.
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Another post from the NOAH forum
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21303

After I have made the Prophet5 conversion I will look at the PRO53.
Actually my web-tool should "work" for PRO53 as well (converting Prophet5 sysex to Midi CC# which will work on both Pro12 and Pro53 with a setup file).
I have started to analyze the PRO53 file-format and hope to be able to generate them as well as convert them to some ASB PRO12 and NOAH PRO12 MIDI CC#. Well let's see how well it converts. Probably need to characterize those units to do a proper convertion. I guess that a pure 1:1 conversion will not be very accurate with the PRO12?!?

BR,

Henrik
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Henrik,

I have posted another topic on here called prohet wav to pro12 conversion. It has a link that already converts prophet into midi for the pro-52/53. There are alos some notes on how to perhaps apply this for the PRO-12.

Regards

Tony
edautana

Thank you Henrik!!!

Post by edautana »

I hope you could do something about this conversion between Pro-12 - Pro-52.

My knowledge in MIDI is not very wide, but if I could help you, just let me know.

Best regards
"99% work, 1% inspiration" A. Einstein