Klangbox and Cubase 4 - Device Panels

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

I've had no reply from Andre or Creamware, so I am attempting to write my own as initially suggested on this forum.

Just a mighty shame that I have been delayed by over two months due to someone pretending that they would write one. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. At one point got VERY angry and nearly sold my Prodyssey on ebay. :x

So I have started! They seem a bit fiddly and the instructions on Cubase a trite confusing. I will fit this around work and my newborn baby (oh and the wife, the dogs...).

I would appreciate any advice/shortcuts from anyone who can help/advise me on how to write one for the Prodysssey. I will then post the final result (if I get it working) on here. If it suddenly becomes easy I wil take a view on the PRO-12. But no promises.

I have had a lot of moral support from my friend scope4live which I fully appreciate.
dawman

Post by dawman »

No,....Please Stay Seated.
Well Creamware should appreciate what you do, as I will then buy a few to use w/ the Hussies. I will have that whole production w/ lights and everything, in 2 x 16U SKB-R916U20's. That's what I call down sizing.
Thanks 4 all of your efforts, and hope you are sucsessfull in your endeavors.

JV
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

I´m sorry but there are still unfixable bugs within cubase 4 device panels..
Hope, there will be a fix by steinberg soon...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi Andre,

What are the Bugs? According to some websites final editing of the xml file has to be done using an xml editor for these panels.

Could I still use the Device Panel to control editing on the Prodyssey Klangbox?

Do you have your initial work for the Prodyssey that I could play with? Anything is better than nothing as the editor supplied by Creamware is less than adequate for my uses.

Alot of people are using the Device panels for other instruments so perhaps we could bounce your initial work off those people and see if there are any shortcuts to the problems.

I downloaded some extra manuals from the www.cykong.com website. They have some excellent tutorials on doing this including a starter panel for the ARP Axxe which I was hoping to tweak into the Prodyssey. Some of the Panels on this site look just like the real thing!

Many thanks

Tony
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

Le Bone wrote:Hi Andre,

What are the Bugs? According to some websites final editing of the xml file has to be done using an xml editor for these panels.

Could I still use the Device Panel to control editing on the Prodyssey Klangbox?

Do you have your initial work for the Prodyssey that I could play with? Anything is better than nothing as the editor supplied by Creamware is less than adequate for my uses.

Alot of people are using the Device panels for other instruments so perhaps we could bounce your initial work off those people and see if there are any shortcuts to the problems.

I downloaded some extra manuals from the www.cykong.com website. They have some excellent tutorials on doing this including a starter panel for the ARP Axxe which I was hoping to tweak into the Prodyssey. Some of the Panels on this site look just like the real thing!

Many thanks

Tony

if it would be so easy...

...not even bitmap import is working in cubase 4 anymore...
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi,

Your Cubase sounds broken. I am using Cubase 4 (full version) on Windows XP Professional and Home (2 different pc's). I can import bitmaps as attached (I used Cubase for this and not an xml editor)

Regardless the bitmaps adds nothing to functionality. all I want is a device panel for my prodyssey. Adding pretty pictures afterwards would be icing on the cake, but I just want a cake so I can use my Prodyssey. Standard Black is a pain to read so, whiteface (or grey) is even better!

I will try and get some time to start writing one of these. If you have a starting position then please send the source to me. I am familiar with xml so could also edit via dreamweaver if I subsequentley found the Cubase editor cumbersome.

Please note you will also need the attached jpg in "my documents\my pictures".

Thanks

Tony
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Boys Are Back In Town !! YeeeHaahhh !!
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Andre,

You emailed me a couple of months ago to say the minimax and Pro-12 Device Panels have been done. Do you have the PRO-12 one so that I can use as a starter for the Prodyssey as well as use for my PRO-12 ASB?

Thanks

Tony
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

mmmm Radio Silence....

Project Summary
--------------------
I have started. The part that is taking me the longest is the bitmap with all the wording, colouring, saw, square maps etc. However now that I am geting to grips with Image layers it is easier as I can move things around. The bitmaps function is working flawlessly with jpg, I have not tried the bitmap yet, so maybe it does not work...........

Does anyone have a transparent image for the square wave, sine wave, adsr, sawtooth etc I can use for this panel?

I will put in the normal panel without the additional panel (eg effects, aftertouch etc). But will also add an Effects Bypass switch. When I am finished I will also post the layered image so that others can tinker etc and allow you to change colours as I have opted for a grey background as it is easier to read than the black metal of the Creamware editor (which I find VERY hard to read - the writing seems blurred even with my glasses on).

I will not be able to put full patches in etc (not enough time and I am too thick), but it will allow midi automation etc from Cubase and all is going well. Hopefully my starter will then be refined and ultimatily finished by others who can put on other bells and whistles until we have the all singing/dancing version

ETA - For the first posting of Prodyssey Cubase Device Panel 24th January 2007 23:00pm.

I will keep you updated.
dawman

Post by dawman »

With military precision I suspect.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Getting there..........

Bitmaps are working fine :P

Entering parameters and assigning to controls, then testing phase.
Attachments
start.jpg
start.jpg (204.34 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ladies And Gentlemen,.......................LeBone. Thanks 4 finding the bugs Brotha' Man LeBone. Are you sure you aren't on Creamware's payroll?
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hey Scope4Live my Friend.... Wish I was on the payroll.

I could then get fixed all those problems they seem to have and be able to make a substantial contribution to driving them forward as they seem to be half baked in some of their ideas and the way they do things.

To have corrupt zip files on their web site after all these weeks is totally deplorable. They have a chance to get up there with the big boys, but seem to be unwilling to pursue that dream of great wealth and power.

Great Products, not fully implemented/supported. They need direction/stategy and the ability to ... listen... to the Customer base. 10,000 brains are better than 44.

As for the Bugs in the Cubase Device Panels. I have not found any yet! Not sure what Andre was up to, but maybe he was using either an illegal copy of Cubase 4 or on a MAC. It works fine on my two PC's! Or maybe he was just bullsh*tting me...........Like his timescales......or his ability to communicate!
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

OK, so finished the inital gubbins for the Prodyssey.

Yes there are problems, but unlike others I will share what these are......so we do not waste others time.

1) Although I switch on the R and W for automation,the midi from cubase does not automate the controls on the device panel on play. But hey, you switch on the creamware editor and you an watch that move. bizzare!!! It does actually send to the asb/klang so it is just superficial!

2) I have no idea whatsoever on how to get the presets into the device panel other than manual.

3) I need a way of getting snapshots of the device into the panel.Any clues?

Apart from that, it works a treat and allows you to control everything from cubase without having use up resources using the creamware editor, and all encapsulated from cubase.

I need others to help me with putting the patches etc in.This has taken a VERY long time, so would appreciate help from others there.

I have done my bit, now if someone can help me finalise it I will start on the PRO-12. If not then nothing will get done and I will change my name to Andre!!!
Attachments
Creamware Prodyssey.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 223 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wow !!
Keep me posted, as I have decided to wait on the purchase. I have to stash some money 4 a rainy day, 4 I have been a bad boy. I have gone mad w/ DSP's, and sample libraies. I should seek therapy I suppose. But if my little boy can have Playstation 3, then damn it, I can have SFP. Yeah !
After my 2 week period of therapy, I shall get one.

Thanks For What Seems Like A World Of Shit To Go Through 4 Something.

As Your Predelction 4 Relavancy Demonstrates.........................................................
Spock,.....Star Trek V.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hey Scope4live, good to see you.

Just back from Sweden for a week, hence me being quiet! Nobody has mailed me regrading helping me finish the device panels etc. I have have gone as far as I can so a bit stuck!

I need to get the patches in! Any clues anyone?
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yeah,....someone is holding out here. I really hope these device panels sucseed here, otherwise the Klangboxes will be more of a hassle to use as Cubase 4 will be automating my Hussie Production very soon. The DP DAW will do fine w/ or w/o them. I just thought that I could help out Creamware by buying them, and also provide a reduncancy factor onstage 4 cheap, as they could be a great back up solution. My 28U SFP Main Battle Tank runs supreme, and each DAW is a copy of the other, but in performance mode, I use both of these w/ Solaris / GS3 Orchestra on DAW #1, and ProWave / GVI / Cubase 4 on DAW #2.

This is a pic of my dual DAW SFP keyboards only rig for my gigs. It brings fear into the hearts of the generic Triton, Motif, S80 guys that cower in it's presence.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Wow, a one man walking advert for Creamware. Do they pay you to advertise!

I would miss my tactile surfaces too much and henace why I love the ASB's so much.

I hope the Hussies are doing well. I am looking forward to hearing them.