MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

MUBACO V - unchanged release-version 1

Post by MCCY »

MuBaCo V is getting close to its final beta stage...
I post this version to give you a first impression of this beautiful device. Functionality works the way it should, but there is still lot to do with some layout-things.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

- put files 1, 2, f1, f2, sc2, sc, tc1b in your DSP-folder:
Otherwise MuBaCo will not work.

- don't forget to try the different band-saturation-modes

- 12db filters are not so easy to handle so I put them on the experimental side as an additional feature

=> band-saturation and other features need serious DSP. Turn off when using small cards. There is no guaranty MuBaCo will work properly on small cards regarding phase issues. I tested it on a 15 DSP card!

I have tested MuBaCo carefully and found it very usefull in my everyday-work. With the new surface it's not 100% finished, but I couldn't hold it back any longer.
As with all my devices, there is no guaranty for anything. Consider them as experimental beta-stuff.
Work with them on your own risk.

MuBaCo is free, you may give it for free to your friends, but you are not allowed to take any money for it or distribute it widely.

If you find MuBaCo gives you a value that's worth some money, please SUPPORT THE SCOPE PLATFORM, SC and the 3rd Party developers by spending money on some new devices by them or a new SCOPE-card !!!!

1000000 Thanks for the new supercool surface by PIXELBITES.

Presets will follow.

EDIT:
- sorry shrooms, I was short on time, so there are just some preset-corrections & a roughly added manip-area, but I'll correct all this graphical mess soon ;) ... it looks great anyway ;)
- I still have to work on some updates with the handling of my dsp-folder-modules, so this may take some time. Listen carefully, when you reload a sound ! It might change in some cases... sorry

- starts with better preset
- small improvements on surface

01.07. NOW THIS THING ROCKS !!! & I call it decent too
- with an extra button you can "send" the actual values if the dsp-modules are not correctly adressed by the presets. That's not a 'normal' procedure, I know, but for the sound and flexibility of mubaco it's worth it. Hit that button (which is on three places where it can be easily reached) only every time after you activate tubestuff, softknee or 12db filters... or you load a preset changing those things & sound represents reliably your settings

- even the 12db filters now seem to be lot more handy (when you set the right freq-shift settings)

- I couldn't find a real bug for some time now and I have a big presetlist (just to get some quick impressions) here & will send it soon, maybe tomorrow so it will be more easy to explore it's possibilities

01.07. Version 0.91 - now with AVUP-technology
- O.K. This stupid value-sender isn't necessary anymore..., I left it, on the outer shell, if there appear any problems. A small red light shows when values are updated after loading a new DSP-module

- IMPORTANT: use the new included DSP-files - otherwise the automatic-value-update-process (AVUP-technology ;) ) won't work!!

0.912 tube-type included in AVUP

Presets added

- renamed 0.912 to Version 1 as there have been no bug reports & I worked with this thing in several sessions without problems.
Attachments
presets.zip
(5.75 KiB) Downloaded 1303 times
MuBaCo_0.912.zip
Version 0.912 is release-version 1! No further bugs reported. Major additions may come with V2...
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 1513 times
MuBaCo_V.jpg
MuBaCo_V.jpg (154.48 KiB) Viewed 10163 times
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 13 times in total.
katano

Post by katano »

juhuuuuu 8)

santa claus was coming, too! :-D

I will try it this weekend!

eerrmm, what do you mean with "too big"?

- the size of the gui?
- does it no more fit on a single dsp?
- or just the reduced lookahead?
- too big sounding? :eek:

And now, who does the GUI? muSHROOMZy, are you around? ;-)

thanx and hoo-hoo-hooo
Roman
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Too big for delaytimes... = lookahead.
I'm curious what you say about its sound. It's very difficult to compare, cause it's not easy to find "default" settings.
It's by far not as intuitive as Optimaster with its wizard function. It can do some nice things to sound, but it also may weaken it with weak settings.

Yes, Pixelbites are working on a gui, but we will finish the circuit this time before adding a nice surface.

Martin
hubird

Post by hubird »

good luck, it's promissing :-)
you could try to 'copy' some presets of the Optimaster... :-)
Lima

Post by Lima »

Ahahaha, lol, I've just made a 3 way crossover with inserts in the modular and now I've found this! Thank you Martin, this 5 ways is more useful! :-)

P.s.: What is that freq-shift knob intended for?
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

freq-shift-knob:
Freqencies are overlapping at the crossovers, so there is a possibility to slightly change the way they overlap. I had a good feeling with values slightly below 1.

Martin
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

MUBACO V sat+
is a saturation-monster. If you don't need the drive knob this version is useless for you, cause it needs serious DSP!

Martin
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

MOBACO V sat+ extreme is an experiment. I think this needs a big SCOPE card on position 1.
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Btw.: Made some phase tests with it. You can put through a mono-signal on both stereo-ins and inverted mix it on the outs => absolute cancellation! Wonderful!

So now it is proven: I use the same dynamic algos on l&r :lol:
No, it's a first reliable sign that L&R are beautifully "in time" concerning sampledelays etc. when not using the inserts! This is something very nice & important for such a big MUBACO!

have fun with it

Martin

With the moster versions you're nearly able to kill any dynamic in music ;) This is what we all wanted, isn't it? I hate dynamic music :P
Without joking: I made some serous progressions with my SCOPE knowledge and I should be able to build a very nice MASTERING-LIMITER (an even better version of my wonderful "XL") soon & with some work I will get MUBACO softknee!!!
Janni

Post by Janni »

GREAT NEWS!!!
Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Jan
hubird

Post by hubird »

MCCYRANO wrote:So now it is proven: I use the same dynamic algos on l&r :lol:
:lol:
(but don't forget the color...).
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

now ultra :D
just experimenting... NOW it's clearer what it's for ... ;)
Last edited by MCCY on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

MCCYRANO wrote:MOBACO V sat+ extreme is an experiment. I think this needs a big SCOPE card on position 1.
you are right. does not work over here. :evil:
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Ultra, not extreme & lighter
should work on "normal" scope systems now (don't know, if it fits on 3-4 dsp-cards)

Martin
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

lighter on DSP...
katano

Post by katano »

heeeelp!! i can't keep pace with you martin! :eek:

what do you mean, which version should i try. i have 30 break horse power, errm no, dsp's ;-)

cheerz
Roman
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Try the first & last.
The first is relatively light on dsp (I could make it lighter, but without saturation then), the last is a good compromise (it's more saturated than the first) and I like the Ultra - thing. I could make a pure Ultra-version too ;)
O.K. this is what I meant with "semimodular": There is a way to really take things from DSP, but this will cost time and I want to be sure what I want before I implement such mechanism (like in "FI_SH").

Martin
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

So, are you going with 4 or 5 bands on this Martin? I got the feeling that you might have preffered 4?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

I miss some user-feedback here... I'm personally happy with both (all) versions, but as noone comments I don't know what should be developed further. I think we should do both versions with some semi-modular possibilities for sat & ultra.. Of course this will take some time. Maybe some weeks, maybe some days till I find the time to work on it again.

Martin
katano

Post by katano »

sorry, no feedback from my side till now... was f**ing busy the last few days. you know, the all year i-have-to-do-this-before-xmas is holding me back from my daw. but this evening i'll have a look at it, at least at the 5 band version.

greez
roman