CreamWare ASB Modules Comes to America

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

QuireTec

Post by QuireTec »

The ASB series of desktop hardware sound modules use advanced digital technology to faithfully replicate the analog circuits and sounds of classic analog synthesizers and the venerable Hammond ® B3. Based on such trend-setting instruments as the original MiniMoog TM, the ASB series offers modern-day features, such as polyphonic performance, preset memory, effects, velocity and aftertouch response, and full MIDI implementation. All modules feature real-time hands-on control via front panel knobs that emulate the layout and design of the original instruments, and include software interfaces that provide sophisticated editor/librarian functions via the built-in USB interface.

The series includes Minimax (a 12-note polyphonic version of the MiniMoog - the instrument that made synthesizers an essential part of popular music), Pro-12 (a similarly enhanced version of the famous Prophet 5TM), Prodyssey (a polyphonic ARP Odyssey TM emulation with a selectable Moog-style filter) and the B4000 organ module, which delivers the Hammond ® sound in a convenient, portable, and affordable package.

The instruments are distributed exclusively in the U.S. by QuireTec Designs International. QuireTec president Ted Keffalo commented, “CreamWare has a long history of developing outstanding synthesis and computer sound technology. Our aim is to let the U.S. customers know just how great the technology truly is.”
dawman

Post by dawman »

You guys just know figuring this out? Or has Creamware made this all B Stock prices 4 you? Good sales pitch though for a neopyhte. These were in America for a while now, try Pro Music, and JRR Shop, Guitar Center, etc.
Maybe you could add some marketing tips for these placxes though, as it is strictly internet and word of mouth. Put up a showroom w/ demos like the big boys do, and see if they sell like flying carpets in the Niddle East. I think they would.

Faithful Hardware Convert,
Last edited by dawman on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I'll help out - http://www.quiretec.com/ - ex-Alesis/Event people :)

ASB only?
dawman

Post by dawman »

I want some klangboxes too. That is where it is at for me. ASB was a marketing experiment, we all know the sounds too well. It is it's application that will sell. People just don't need another desktop box. Rack the shit up !!!

BTW, a nice website, any physical address or demo room?
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

I am a hardware guy all the way. I don't need any more keyboards and rack synths are a pain to program for long periods of time. all though i have a bunch of soft synths they just don't really interest me that much. a desktop
has all the knobs and no keyboard. just right for me. It can even sit in my lap.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Klangboxes are suppose to be programmable on the LCD like the old Roland 700 series samplers I thought, if not the Klangboxes are of no use to me. But my son might like one to play with his toy keyboard the Yamaha PSR.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

No LCD on Mine! Everything has to be done via CC.
dawman

Post by dawman »

That is cheeze IMHO. The ancient Roland 700 series sampler at least let you view your editing on a small TV or LCD. LCD's back then were way expensive, so CRT's and Pro Tools were the thing. But with the technology and deveopement that is mainstream now, you'd think that the body of Ralf could do better.
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

i know what you mean. the prodyssey klangbox is the most amazing sounding synth i have ever owned, however because of no lcd and no up/down buttons, plus cubase locking up the asb driver exclusively, it is the most awkward/frustrating synth i have ever owned when i want to edit sounds. looking forward to the cubase device panels so that i can edit whilst using cubase.so frustrating, would have gladly paid another 30 pounds for an lcd. wish i had bought the asb as my pro-12 rocks.
nprime

Post by nprime »

So does this mean that Creamware is pulling out of North America themselves and handing all distribution and sales over to Quiretec?

I guess that will mean that all the prices are going to go up so that Quiretec can take their cut.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Le Bone,
Are the device panels you speak of in Cubase 4 ?
I am just getting ny feet wet w/ Cubase 4 as we speak. Klangboxes seem so sweet if they could be programmed and edited on an LCD. Maybe these boxes are early releases w/ planned upgrades later.

QuireTech Exclusive ?? Give Us The Body Of Ali,
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi Jimmy,

if klangbox had an lcd just to say which patch was on it it would be alot easier to use. yes the device panels i mention are the ones in cubase 4. Andre is knocking these up for us to use within cubase which will be so cool. These are alot of work so I appreciate it. but klangbox and editor whilst running cubase 4 just lock each other out on my setup, so i want to control everything in cubase including recording edit changes.

The ASB in comparison is such alot easier to use, including a nice retro led panel. you know which patch is loaded! regardless the sound of the prodyssey is stunning and i would not swap it for anything else (Apart from a prodyssey asb!)

Le Bone