VINTAGE LOVE WARMER 2.0beta (much overworked)

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

MCCY

VINTAGE LOVE WARMER 2.0beta (much overworked)

Post by MCCY »

Thanks to pixelbites. This looks really better than anything else.
For contributions (as asked for in the other love-thread) please pm me and of course pixelbites. I see donations not related to my work with sdk, but to my "artwork" as a whole and I ask nobody to give me money for my devices.

VERSION 1.2 with a widener version ;) . Sorry, the DSP knobs were set in the wrong order in version 1.0 & 1.1.
Like a chorus for certain frequencies. Try it with a delay in the insert, it's fantastic.

JIMMY's request:
Version 1.3 now with better preset handling... (saves presets location in projects) To be honest, I did not really work with SDK for some time, so I hope I (quickly) did everything right.
B.t.w. is that midi-controller-handling-problem finally adressed by someone, ... ?

version 2.0beta
Sorry, but I have to say that all 1.x versions were crap 8) It was one of my old devices where I still had to learn a lot.
Much more is possible with version 2.0beta. Shroomz will kill me because of the additional knobs... It would have been possible somehow to avoid them, but as you know I like tweaking ...

I think it remembers now all ccs in project. Fatter sounds are possible. I have an idea for 3.0 but don't know if it will be better - rather a different device.
Attachments
SATEQ2_0beta.zip
(673.32 KiB) Downloaded 1357 times
SATEQvintage.jpg
SATEQvintage.jpg (49.95 KiB) Viewed 17027 times
Last edited by MCCY on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:37 am, edited 7 times in total.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

hey, device looks cool.. just not sure what it's for. It sounds like a pitching device, but it's called an eq? Is it a guitar thing? I'm always on the lookout for saturation devices.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Version 1.1 with adjustable time-factor and finetuning. I use this device for fattening up whole mixes. Damn, it sounds so great, I should've never given it away. ;) Try it with slightly detuned (second of the two very small knobs) & saturated bass...

Martin
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

version 1.2 two different versions. One with a seperate finetuning and timefactor for L&R
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Wow, in the time i saw this post to the time i replied a new version has already come out. Well done that man.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

MC really is becoming a scope development warrior....
:o
nice
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

ehm, maybe it'll need a redesign once the circuit's finished :lol: :wink:
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

you know me :lol:
Lima

Post by Lima »

Thanks guys! You're very incredible! :-D
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

MCCYRANO wrote:you know me :lol:
It's absolutely no problem. I personally think it's great to see devices being developed, expanded & improved so quickly. I think there's more devices from you in our Scope install than all the other devices put together because we've not deleted any when you've released your numerous updates. Really need to sort that out & have a tidy actually.

Btw, it must be possible to move the buttons away from the top right corner slightly. Look at Vinco.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Shroomz wrote: Btw, it must be possible to move the buttons away from the top right corner slightly. Look at Vinco.
your not addressing the rackmount hole coverage by any chance? :)

nevertheless, great work, you both. and many thanks to give us the 2u gui. there are not many devices around looking that great, including the commercial ones.

-greetings, markus-

ps. shroomz, you're no joker. just a wild card. I mentioned that somewhere. sorry, man :)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

kylie wrote:
Shroomz wrote: Btw, it must be possible to move the buttons away from the top right corner slightly. Look at Vinco.
your not addressing the rackmount hole coverage by any chance? :)
Yes!!!

No problem about that other stuff Kylie. I've been called worse than a joker or wild card. :wink:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Shroomz wrote:
kylie wrote: your not addressing the rackmount hole coverage by any chance? :)
Yes!!!
nice to hear that it is taken care of :)
Shroomz wrote: No problem about that other stuff Kylie. I've been called worse than a joker or wild card. :wink:
*deep sigh of relief* :)

language is a dangerous weapon...

-greetings, markus-

ps. and don't forget about the rackmount hole. it would be icing on the cake!
--
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I'm not sure if Martin can move the buttons away from the rackmount hole or not, I just noticed that Vinco has the buttons further from the right-hand-side.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Korintenkackerei! ;)
Just joking, but honestly sometimes I just don't feel like solving all those small mysteries cause, to be honest again, I spend too much time with scope. I'm rather short on time, I just realized that it won't get more in the future, so sometimes I take the time for the most important things with the devices and miss making music ...

I will correct that "screw-hole-bug" in the near future, be sure, but I will do it in a moment I have nothing better to do, or get a sudden easy solution :)

Martin
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It's not something worth loosing sleep over Martin ;)
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Shroomz wrote:It's not something worth loosing sleep over Martin ;)
ACK ACK ACK!!! :)

I can, btw. live with being called "Korinthenkacker", since... well, I AM, sort of... :)
(though I'd prefer "Erbsenzähler", since it sounds less rude :) )

-greetings, markus-
--
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Markus, I am an Erbsenzähler too. I don't want to call you a real korintenkacker. I never used this word seriously. Mostly I use it, when I see that something is my fault and I'm too laizy to correct it ;) so it rather means: O.K., you're right, I got it for me.

I find it important to make at least a few devices (mainly those which were designed by pixelbites) nearly perfect, because they deserve it.
Please go on finding all those small bugs!!! I really mean it that way. It gives me an intense feeling of doing something which makes sense to other people and that's what I like!

Martin
katano

Post by katano »

me likes the combination (to say it in da Ali G slang): Erbsenzählender Korintenkacker!! :-D :-D
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

hi martin,
MCCYRANO wrote: Please go on finding all those small bugs!!! I really mean it that way. It gives me an intense feeling of doing something which makes sense to other people and that's what I like!
you can be sure I will do that :)

what I like most is the possibility to talk to you and tell you what I think about the things you do, and what I could imagine to be done further. as you probably noticed I set the focus a lot on the look (maybe more than needed sometimes, since the devices should serve a different main purpose, that is: processing audio), but there are also a lot suggestions what you can improve technically from other users, so maybe I should just concentrate on what I can do best: "Erbsen zählen" :D
(that is: being a bean counter)

I exchanged several mails with the developer of a pop3 retriever many years ago. I liked his tool, paid him the 10USD he was so decent to demand for it, and asked him for a special feature. he was really happy that there are people using it and having hints for him what to add or improve. we tested together, I reported bugs, he sent updates...

I feel reminded of that time much while talking to you. having a direct wire to the developer is an advantage I don't want to miss. sometimes this involves counting beans, but you're brave enough to take it the way it's meant.

while we're at it... every time sateq is loaded it complains about not finding the preset that you maybe have on your local computer. the path is different from mine, so I assume that it's on your machine. is that something that could be solved? it's 2 mouse clicks more, but, if I could avoid that...

-greetings, markus-
--