Pro-12: I WANT it to steal my voices...

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

synthfan

Pro-12: I WANT it to steal my voices...

Post by synthfan »

Hi All,

I searched the topics in this ASB forums, and have seen mention of voice stealing, but found it mentioned only as a bug.

The Pro-12 doesn't seem to have any options for limiting the number of voices. If you want a 5-voice Pro-12, unless I'm mistaken, you're simply out of luck.

I have contacted Creamware directly about this, never got a reply. If you play the real Prophet-5 and adjust your playing style to the limitation of 5 voices (octaves with left hand, triads with right, for example), it can actually have very pleasing results, and has a unique character of its own.

Does anyone know of a way to trick the Pro12 into being a 5-voice synth?

While I'm at it -- how about a per-voice detuning option, like Arturia offers for its CS-80v?

Thx
Paul
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i just had a glance at the manual and i couldn't see anywhere to change the polyphony - the SCOPE Pro-12 is actually better in this respect. i often use it in traditional five-voice mode because i sometimes like to work within certain limits as i think this can create a different style of playing that you may not have arrived at by having all the options all the time (i love things like the Mellotron's 8 second limit and the CR-78's preset rhythm patterns for instance).

Seems odd that you can't do it from the software. i'm sure it could be easily done in a software update (you just may not be able to access it from the front panel).
synthfan

Post by synthfan »

It just seems very odd to me that the designers didn't include an option like this. It's almost like having a Minimax ASB that doesn't have a monophonic mode....

Anyone who's played the Prophet-5 will agree that the 5 voice limitation totally contributes to the character of the instrument, and since the Creamware guys are so meticulous....ah, hell.

There is a no-reserve eBay auction for a Pro-12, currently at $432.77:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0052790857

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE OUTBID ME : )