Minimax problem!

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

luisfer167

Post by luisfer167 »

I have problems with my minimax. No sound coming out the analog outs when I turn on the power. It is necesary turn down and turn on again for activate the audio outputs. Is my minimax broken??. Anyone have this problem??

Post by Guest »

Do you have your Audio out (L&R) hooked up to powered speakers??
do you have your midi keyboard out to Minimax Midi in?

Midi ch on and set midi to 1 .

did you have a chance to look at the manual??

And do you have the volume down.

check out the cables you are using. They are TRS mono.

power down the ASB give it few seconds and power back up.

please come back and let us know if you got sound.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: antar on 2005-09-30 17:15 ]</font>
luisfer167

Post by luisfer167 »

hello antar

I have hooked up mi minimax to my mixer fostex, I have check out whit my jp-8000 and no problem.

I have my midi keyboard out conect to minimax midi in

The volume in the keyboard and minimax is set to 127

The midi channels are set to 1

The cables are ok (TRS mono) , I have check out whit my other synths

But In the first power-on no sound!!!, I have turn off the power and turn back up to listen any sound. I am afraid thats my Minimax have a problem.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

have you upddated your minimax ?

Post by Guest »

couple things to try.

1. contact ralf with your SN of the Minimax and have him send you a key code for the ASB and the OS to reload, see if this fixes the audio problem.

if after you upgrade the OS you still don't have sound and you are sure that you minimax is hooked up right then contact ralf (rb@creamware.de) at CWA support and tell him about your Minimax and see what he tells you Either he asks you to exchange it with your dealer or directly with creamware.

send a link of this post to ralf.
James

Post by James »

On 2005-09-30 11:02, luisfer167 wrote:
I have problems with my minimax. No sound coming out the analog outs when I turn on the power. It is necesary turn down and turn on again for activate the audio outputs. Is my minimax broken??. Anyone have this problem??
Did you press the Preset button on the bottom? It will be silent if you don't...
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

hello luisfer167,

please contact me on by email ( rb@creamware.de ), for an upgrade of your minimax-OS. I need your hardwareserialnumber to generate the software-key.

cheers
ralf

On 2005-09-30 11:02, luisfer167 wrote:
luisfer167

Post by luisfer167 »

thanks to all, I have upgraded the OS of my Minimax yesterday, but the problem has not been solved. I will ask to my dealer for exchange my minimax. By the way, what beutiful sounds!!!, thanks creamware
mordecay

Post by mordecay »

i have a problem too, (now i updated minimax firmware to 2.0 and i must check better) : when i play with minimax for a while i hear some distorsion and sometimes poliphony problems, last note delete the previous one...

anyone have this kind of problems?
fx1mark

Post by fx1mark »

in 2.0 They have fixed the overdrive problem and now the minimax overdrives properly. check to see if the overdrive light is coming on when you hear distortion. they have improved on the polyphony problem but it is still not fixed. I am pleased to see they are working on it. maybe it will be fixed completely one day.
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

You must wait a minute after switching the power on. If you try to play right-away, there are no sound probably because it takes some time the software to initiate, e.g.. Just think how long time it will take a PC to boot.-up! So wait at least some ten seconds to see, if that solves the problem.
luisfer167

Post by luisfer167 »

Tiitu wrote:You must wait a minute after switching the power on. If you try to play right-away, there are no sound probably because it takes some time the software to initiate, e.g.. Just think how long time it will take a PC to boot.-up! So wait at least some ten seconds to see, if that solves the problem.

Uff... Tiitu thanks for your answer. But if you want, you can wait a hour after switching the power on....... no sound. I probe this minimax in the friend´s house and the same. Sometimes sound, sometimes no sound. The problem is other. Finally I exchanged my minimax and the adapter whit my dealer but..... the same problem. My minimax hardware version is 1.0..... is the first.... perhaps this explain all.????
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

I did wait for 2 months and 2 weeks ... :lol:

But, do you mean that you have now tested 2 non-working synths? That is not quite probable, and to me it looks like the problem is somewhere else. Are your amplifier and loadspeakers working alrigh?

This is not an OS problem. I for example did only encounter one 'problem' with OS version 1.0: A LED was not lighting. But, it has been fixed now and you can install the latest OS (v2.0) etc. from here:

ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Box ... AX/DSP_OS/
ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Box ... MAX/WinXP/
ftp://ftp.creamware.de/Software/ASB-Box ... ndpresets/

Regards,
Tiitu.