2 Pulsar OS from 2 pc's on one desktop

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

For fun I Remotely Connected Desktop on my home LAN (WinXP). 2 PC's have Creamware cards, connected via ADAT.
While my house mate is off, I no longer jump from one pc to the other :grin: Makes me a lot easier to adapt the projects.
It's a luxury to me, but might come in handy for studio's which have computers which are quite far way from each other :wink:

atomicrazy.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
mystermac

Post by mystermac »

I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on this - sounds interesting.

Mac
at0m

Post by at0m »

I have experience with running Cubase on both of them, with or without my mate sitting in the right chair.

Now I plan to do all editing/sounds on one computer, and use the other one as sequencer. This would totally solve sync problems. But, my Rewire setup runs on the heaviest pc. This pc on a dual PIII 1GHz would also be my synth/sampler/fx/mixers pool. And the slower pc would sequence. It's too light for Rewire. I should abandon Rewire for these projects.

DeFex showed me much more convenient hardware solution to '2 computers on one screenset, keyb and mouse'. It's a switchbox, which has simple turn knobs and swithes video/keyb/mouse from one pc to another. This is a way more solid setup, and allows you to keep dual monitors :wink:

atomic.