Alternatives to Pulsar?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Luke Piasecki

Post by Luke Piasecki »

I'm relatively new to DSP baords, as you probably notices :smile:)) I'm wondering if there are any good alternatives to Pulsar? Ones that also have synth/modular synth capability, mixer, effect and a sampler?
I'm mainly into trance music, so any board better suited for that (but not at a higher price than Pulsar II) would be a good alternative. Especially if it can emulate any of the commercial synths (which I do not think Pulsar can?) used in trance, such as Nord Lead, Virus, Microwave?

Thank you,
Luke
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

No.:grin:
Noctulius

Post by Noctulius »

Pro-Tools has Virus made by Access specially for it.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Are you saying you just bought Pulsar and now you want to buy something else for about the same price just so you can get some hardware emulations ? Pulsar has some of the best synths you'll hear, but if you want specific hardware, why not just buy that hardware ?

If you're really into emulations why not try the Pro-One and Prophet synths for Pulsar? Both are execellent.
Luke Piasecki

Post by Luke Piasecki »

On 2002-01-10 02:47, Spirit wrote:
Are you saying you just bought Pulsar and now you want to buy something else for about the same price just so you can get some hardware emulations ? Pulsar has some of the best synths you'll hear, but if you want specific hardware, why not just buy that hardware ?

If you're really into emulations why not try the Pro-One and Prophet synths for Pulsar? Both are execellent.
First of all, I have not yet bought Pulsar, as you could probably see from my other posts. Second ther reason why I'm not buying the real synth is the same as for buying Pulsar, not the real synth in the first place :smile: Third, I'm not that greatly into emulations, I just love Virus sounds and since it costs as much as 2 Pulsars II, it would be nice if Pulsar could emulate it.

Cheers,
Luke