best dynatube amp?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

iskra

Post by iskra »

I only have dosh for one of the dynatube amp models, hence my dilemna, unfortunately there is no demo. I want to use dynatube for synths & vocals,(so the sound examples on the dynatube site are only so useful). I'm leaning towards the JM or MB.
This is going to be subjective (but that will help me anyway), those of you that have the dynatube bundle, which is your favourite amp sim & why?
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

I like JM best. I use it for guitar. I don't like MB, I find the sound hard to conrtrol.
I get used to the Fender an even used the Vox, but JM fits my needs best. It makes nice clean sounds and nice distortion and sounds very ..äh... ausgewogen. Don't know the english word.

Martin
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

balanced out?

dict.tu-chemnitz.de
helps me alot in those situations.
katano

Post by katano »

ausgewogen
adj. balanced, stable, having equal distribution of weight

babylon... :wink:
virtualstudio

Post by virtualstudio »

I do also like JM the best.
but that's maybe because I use also the real Marshall I'm not a big fan off Fender or Vox
the MB would be my second choise.
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

Thanks for translating!
MCCY

Post by MCCY »

by the way... for sure it depends very much on the device which u plug into it.
In a few days a cheap telecaster will arrive in addition to my Paula and Washburn because two cheap guitars (half electric and strato)of mine were stolen a few weeks ago :sad:(( Think there will be a big difference when playing Telecaster over dynatube... maybe I'll vote for Fender, then...

Martin
flips

Post by flips »

I'm using Dynatube for both gitar and for synths and other stuff. The JM is wonderful, but I've also grown fond of the FT, I actually ended up using an JM with FT speakers in a project. But I also just love the Vinco DT. So I would say: Go for the bundle, like I ended up doing. :smile:

(I've also been chaining more than one dynatube amp)

--
flips
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

how good is Dynatube? Are you users convinced about it? I´m thinking about buying it on the near future. Want to know opinions, and if posible, earing songs that you can be making.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

heyguys, DYNATUBE kills !!!!!!! I have all the modesl but i really tested it this week with good guitar. IMHO, i succeeded in getting better sounds than the Line6 big amp. Crunch and clear sounds are VERY VERY good : you ear YOUR guitar sound and dynatube acts exactly as a real one. No latency, sound is rich, warm and there is a very good dynamic.... Amazing ! My god i could not believe it. I had a Vox tonelab 1 year ago and i definitly say that :
1) dynatube is by far better than a line6 simulator (although it is a hardware with speaker....)
2) dynatube reaches the quality of my vox simulator (which included a true valve inside) ; i would just say that if you are looking for a BIG sound for metal stuff - and as it often the case - you should look for a good pedal. I was not convinced by the MB model.

If you play rock, blues, jazz, pop, dynatube is a killer. Remember that the Vinco DT (included) is very helpful. And remember that you will need time to get THE sound. As for me it took me 15 minutes to get incredible sounds from it. Sooooo...

Jo
bosone

Post by bosone »

try to use the MB amp sim with JM speaker: i found the soudn is pretty good for modern metal.
regarding the MB, i often use raw or vintage distortion. modern is not so easy to control (IMHO)

ah, and for distortion sound i ALWAYS add a TQDrive before dynatube, with -6 - -7 drive level and a low cut at about 170 Hz. then yo uhave to tweak to pre/post eq to shape the soudn like a stompbox. TQDrive helps a lot to get a huge metal distortion

also, a little equalisation AFTER dynatube to boost around 1000Hz with a low Q helps to get more "crystalline" distortion
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

just wondering how people's experiences are with non-guitar/bass material, like dirtying up drums or just beefing up synth/sample material. I'm not a guitarist, so to me an amp sim automatically translates to a sound colorize macho-i-fy-er.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2006-07-01 09:41 ]</font>
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

We're the same here. Not guitar or bass guitar orientated, so at the moment it seems like an excessive extra for us, when we already have other amp sims, distortions, overdrives & ocassionally use guitar rig, which in my opinion sounds gorgeous at times. The spring reverb on guitar rig for example, is stunning sounding.
iskra

Post by iskra »

I ended up getting the JM (perhaps should have got MB ah well). I'm currently working on a song with synth & vocals put through JM, I like it best for vocals (the speaker sim gives them a flavour none of my other dirtying plug ins do). I'll post it in a week or two when I'm done. I like the sound, bosone is right it sounds even better with TQdrive (or distortion or overdrive) placed before it...if you got it for synths you wouldnt be disappointed (keeping in mind there's no magic bullets for music, its just another flavour). Also bear in mind it is somewhat of a dsp hog, I found myself bouncing down a few things because of this, which is nto the way I usually like to work.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

can anyone compare it with Celmo's? I used the Guitar bluesman with the speaker simulation this weekend and again was stunned at how good it sounds so.. what does dynatube offer that isn't in the celmo?
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

Hey peeps, I just got a new guitar (Fender Lite Ash Telecaster) and while I'm playing trough the great Celmo guitar amp now, I'd like to also get the Dynatube. I think getting all the amps is a bit overkill for me, so I'm looking for the amp that would best suit my needs. First of all, I'm not a very good player. I used to have a few years of lessons, then quit. Now I'm trying to pick it up after more than 10 years.
I won't be playing any hardrock/metal stuff so i won't need a lot of distortion. I like the more bluesy tones, maybe with a slight overdrive but not too much.
What would you recommend?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: King of Snake on 2006-07-24 05:49 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

fender or vox....
Micronesia

Post by Micronesia »

Could anyone say how much resources one of these plugins use? 1 dsp?

I think creamware should add some .wav demos of synthmaterial processed in these models.. Like a Tb-303 loop :smile:
katano

Post by katano »

dsp usage is between 1.5 and 2 dsp's for each dynatube instance...
hubird

Post by hubird »

true, as I bought and checked it :smile: