--- solved----Scope freezes

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

virtualstudio

Post by virtualstudio »

I've put that on my other system to see what it does, I can run it but it don't mean S**t to me what says

ok now I've loaded a coplete project with vrc-128 and a cubase project(midi)
I can see that it looses synchronisation because the transport bar in top of the cubase song goes off and on to stop and play
than after about ten minutes it freezes, and this time not only scope but the whole system
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, there's something not set up properly.
usually that freeze is caused by active sensing on a keyboard controller overfilling midi buffers(fixed by filtering/turning off active sensing) or a midi feedback loop overflowing midi buffers(solved by breaking the loop. i can't beleive that you would have that problem AND a shared irq after all this time, but....
bronYaur

Post by bronYaur »

Try to disable Hyper threading if you have

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bronYaur on 2006-05-01 02:01 ]</font>
Booster

Post by Booster »

Have you tried running your system with just one Pulsar board?
virtualstudio

Post by virtualstudio »

On 2006-05-01 08:43, Booster wrote:
Have you tried running your system with just one Pulsar board?
no not yet as it was running before wih three, I think it should work with three

I know than for sure It gonna be a big mess with one board because I need to more dsp's for my projekts. also have to reinstall drivers etc, and different devices registerd to different boards
when nothing else helps I'm gonna have to try that anyway
thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: virtualstudio on 2006-05-01 11:46 ]</font>
virtualstudio

Post by virtualstudio »

On 2006-04-30 17:20, garyb wrote:
well, there's something not set up properly.
usually that freeze is caused by active sensing on a keyboard controller overfilling midi buffers(fixed by filtering/turning off active sensing) or a midi feedback loop overflowing midi buffers(solved by breaking the loop. i can't beleive that you would have that problem AND a shared irq after all this time, but....

there is nothing connected to midi cable

I have tried to make a new projekt start from scratch: I can play with Scope now nothing freezes,
I found this: as soon as I connect sequenzer midi source to a device in scope; trouble starts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: virtualstudio on 2006-05-01 12:58 ]</font>
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Hi, i don't know if that can helps but i had strange lock ups with using ASIO 24 bit driver.. Everything good with the flt drivers