STDM Pulsar1->2, Midi Control

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

Last week i bought a PulsarII. The STDM connections, however, are not alligned compared to the Pulsar1 connection. In the Pulsar Manual, however, I find that this kind of connection is wrong. I hope no problems wil arise, except maybe an occasional series of connection errors. Nevertheless, this is not an ideal setup. Do you have a solution for that?

The STDM cable is forced to twist, but luckily stays on. Hope it stays that way.

As drawn in the Pulsar Manual, would not be possible with the current STDM cable. I tried to add a picture, but it didn't work.

In my situation, the connections are like this:
PulsarII_____----- -----
PulsarI_______-----
Pulsar1_______-----

In the manual they're:
card x_____----- -----
card y_____-----
card z_____-----

(ignore underscores- had to use them or the STDM connections,-----, would be wrongly displayed :wink: )

...and thén cross-linked. That distance could not be overcome with my STDM cable.

Do you think I need another (on one side longer) cable? :???:

My setup runs soo sweet now! Except for the CopyProtection errors, but thanks to XP, Pulsar can be fully closed and easily be reopened. So the errors are no more main topic for me :smile: although still persisting.

Once everything's loaded, I can do on my setup whatever I want.
  • I control Pulsar Project, Rebirth, Cubase, and almost any other music program simultaneously with one PC1600x and a keyboard.
  • The PC1600x' presets and scenes (=preset snapshots) are selectable trough it's own keyboard (so i got more remote keys now, Cubase is on keyb. 1) and a midi (note to prog change) applet, and via Cubase or even VSTmixer.
  • We have another PC1600x, which we're setting up to get the Akai S_5000 alive. Got most of it, but still can't figure out how to control the Parts selection. In other words, we can now only remote edit the active midi part, but we cannot remotely activate a part/midi channel. Yet.
  • both sequencer and remote control are possible together.

I had some assigning problems:
I sometimes have to disconnect CC# from fader and re-assign again.
sometimes (when I try to assign CC#114+ in my current project) the previous CC# is displayed in the lefthand side of the small CC# window, as if it were already assigned to it. But it does not react on that midi nor does it accept/display the newly send CC# in the righthand side of the display. When I switch to larger CC# Assignment view, the CC# are recognised but not assignable. On double-click, the windows resets to an empty view. Without CC# list, in left column, but with message 'Select Controller'.
The CC# problems appeared when i was working on these:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=13&1. The zip contains the sysex files and their implementation (snapshots of the PC1600(x) Editor)

think it's time to wake up the neighbours :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-12-04 19:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-12-04 19:30 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Yes on my SCOPE2+Pulsar1+Luna2, the connectors line up differently, but the cable still fits, just had to fold it so it was a nice connection. Shouldn't be a problem.