if Jon Hassell can do it, why can't I?

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: New Age jam<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Logis Audio Platinum<BR> Paul R. Martin © SOCAN<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Just another ambient tune trying to work with different samples for percussion.
This one uses a Conga fill sample from a Computer Music Mag CD which I slowed down to half the speed. Interesting effect actually.
The synths used are the Waldorf PPG and the Prisma. Lots of Logic's effects( Ensemble is really nice!)
Oh! and this one is mixed in STEREO. :lol:

Enjoy(I hope)

Paul
junklight

Post by junklight »

Couldn't help but listen to this given that you name checked Jon Hassel.

The song is a little bit "new agey" for my tastes - the guitar in particular is too much on the nice side I think. Love the percussion though - I would have brought it up in the mix a bit perhaps.

Cool though.

mark
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

sounds very "ocean"-ish. I could imagine another guitar doing that "dolphin sound" thingy somewhere out in the reverb space.
The congas sound almost like bubbles underwater. Sounds great for a deep sea documentary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2001-12-04 21:07 ]</font>