cancel dual monitor preview .

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Omb

Post by Omb »

hello again,
i used to work with two scrren (matrox) and last week i'v disconnect one screen couse i want to work only on one screen .
well , lets get to the point,
i cant see some of the scoope project window (roating' browser )i'v work on the secondery screen that i'v just canceled ,
i try every combination in the display properties but i still cant bring them to the primery screen .

i know i can switch back to view with the scond screen again, open every project and take all the sfp windows back to the primery screen , save it etc.

is there any restore point or any solution ?

cheers
Omb
hubird

Post by hubird »

I can't help you Omb, but at least I can say it works here :smile: (on mac, with one TFT analog on mac's gr. card and one digital on Ati Radeon 7500).
But I confirm comparable -and unsolved- problems with Wave plugs, GUI's not functioning well on the system menu monitor.
hope you get it sorted out, 2 is 4 times more than one :wink:
valis

Post by valis »

This probably isn't any help, but the monitor on my Scope box died not too long ago (my scope cards are in 2nd machine) and now I have a really poor 15" monitor running 1024x768 on it. Most of my projects were created at 1280x1024 and so I have the same problem only with screen res. To fix this I've been using Remote Desktop to log into that machine from my main DAW which runs 1600x1200--remote desktop sizes that machine's desktop to fit my resolution here when I connect. Probably just easier to re-enable the 2nd monitor but someone might find this info useful in the future. :smile:
(p.s.- VNC uses the resolution of the machine you're logging into, but it also doesn't do the weird log in/log out business that Remote Desktop does.)
arela

Post by arela »

You need to save your projects like you want them to be shown on your new display setting.
If you save your mixer top left on a 19", it will be unreachable with a 17"
- and the funny thing is that it is likely to happen the other way around to.
(totaly gone, not showing a part)
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2005-09-01 08:39, arela wrote:
and the funny thing is that it is likely to happen the other way around to.
(totaly gone, not showing a part)
hm, not here, I switched fron crt 20 and 17" to two times 19" TFT lately.
No problems :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2005-09-01 13:17 ]</font>
arela

Post by arela »

It happen when i swapped theme. First my 15" was Display1 and a 18.1" was Display2.
When i bought a new 17" to replace the 15", i also set up the 18,1 as Display1

And here it is, the mixer and other stuff was out of reach in some of my projects.

Hard to explain, should not happen i guess - spooky stuff
at0m

Post by at0m »

arela wrote:
(...)
And here it is, the mixer and other stuff was out of reach in some of my projects.

Hard to explain, should not happen i guess - spooky stuff
The same will happen to SX's transport panel, or any VST(i) panel, it's not just SFP suffering that problem. Other applications may have disappeared in a similar way... For common Windows style windows, Alt-Space, M puts the mouse over the top bar allowing you to drag the window in view again, at least when it's on a not-connected monitor but the pc has one configured there. (ie. dual monitor enabled, but second one not connected) If the window's disappeared from the bottom, or outside screen resolution, it's more difficult. Valis' VNC trick works great, at least if you have a second machine. Or one could ask a friend to VNC in from his place and reposition the window, but that gets quite a lot of work just to retrieve a window from time to time.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Omb

Post by Omb »

... For common Windows style windows, Alt-Space, M puts the mouse over the top bar allowing you to drag the window in view again

at0m,
as allways you are full of surprices .

cheers
Omb