Scope Thankfullness

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Most of my my time in the recording studios have thankfully been in mastering facilities, which seem to have been an excellant learning experience for me. The sound of expensive, analog desks has always had their place there. I recently decided to break ranks with my managment company, and go solo. 27 years of compromisise has had its effect on me. I've been researching Scope for 5 years, and have jumped in head first. Having agreed that 1:1 emulations are demanding resources that VST programmers aren't willing to allocate, makes one wonder about Sonar/Cubase/ Logic/DP4. Further study shows that 32bit integer recording is the sound I want. Hopefully with a 140mhz speed bump i.e.200mhz sharcs', we can achieve 48bit integer recording. Ease of use is not important to me, however quality of sound is paramount. This forum has proven to me that Scope platform is at that pinnacle right now, and must survive to expand. That's why I jumped on this ship, and purchased Scope PROFESSIONAL. Now I have purchased Scope MINIMAX ASB. Hope Creamware doesn't divvy up the profits for new Porsches and the like, but looks into their competitive edge and goes into 48bit integer recording. Having heard for the first time their VDAT plug with an excellant mic and mic pre, I can honestly say, I will be in a paid prison sentance for quite some time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-08-07 04:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-08-07 13:44 ]</font>
scary808

Post by scary808 »

Welcome aboard the Mutha Ship!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I purchased Scope Professional to play GS3/Gigapulse through for the quality of their converters,ULLI, and the benifit of B2003/Minimax. Since then, my whole crew takes turns trying to get to know the platform. It has literally been on non stop for two weeks without a hiccup. I was unaware of the level of quality the Creamware guys have put into this platform. I never thought much of the quality of sound from the big sequencers. I have been spoiled from years of analog consoles.They are great for detailed mixes, and editing, but in the summing, it seems to get lost in the mix. But the VDAT sounds identical to this old 8-Track Otari we take on the road with us. I heard that it was because it's 32bit integer, not 32bit floating point. When I heard just drums, bass , and three tracks of various GS3/Scope instruments, I was floored by the quality of the summing. Thats what makes things happen when you record. Just to A/B a little we sent the mix through our Ultimate Ears Wireless Monitors ( High quality in your ear solutions ). I've never heard an instant playback that impressed me that much. My only problem is that I'm in pre-production for 6 more weeks, trying to learn my new rig. I can't wait to get lost in VDAT world. Either I'm getting old, or I've found a replacement for sex!!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Wow! This is what I call an absolute testimony of what SCOPE systems can do for you! If you know so well the big expensive gear and come here to rejoice, we rejoice with you! :smile:

I have alwas been convinced about THE SOUND!!! :grin:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
dawman

Post by dawman »

As you can tell, I'm stoked. Not enough time to delve into VDAT just yet. I was wondering Nestor. You seem like you are juiced in with VDAT, do you think it's possible to use VDAT for vocals only, and trigger it with an external hardware sequencer without adding too much overhead to the DSP's? It would be playing back 4 vx. tracks,all on a dedicated drive of course. After my road gig, I'm going to stay in town, and get a little cush retro gig, doing all my favorite tunes from the past, and just wanting to have the ability to mute tracks in case we want to save our voices.BTW, does VDAT need additional resources i.e. CPU, or does it use SHARCS only?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-08-22 18:36 ]</font>