Discotron (and this is not disco :)

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Acoustic<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,STS3000<BR> copyright © 2999 Marcus Inc<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Little try out.. testing new sound bank...

What do you think?

STS3000 + Masterverb, chorus, stereo delay = 100% pulsar

Post by kensuguro »

A bit on the wet side but the heavy reverbs bring out a great ambience... sounds like it'll be great for a film score. I'm just guessing... are you one of those visual thinkers that can naturally transfer visual images into music? Because both your composition seem to depict some sort of image, or a place.. that's cool.
The bongo sounds so real! I used to have real bongos but these samples sound even more realistic. haha! :smile:
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Thank you very much Kensuguro for this comment. It make me happy alot, cuz this was and still is my dream : making music for animation like 'Ghost in the shell' or 'Akira'.

I know that i am FAR FAR from this kind of result, but still, it show me that i'm on the right way!

BTW, those bongos ARE real!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2001-10-23 16:39 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

huh.. they you're a great bongo player. I'm on the congas by the way.. but since it's so hard to mic, I don't use it in my songs too often.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Well, Bonga are real, but wasn't me playing. My friends recorded them in a studio with professionnal percussions player. Have lots of differents percussion sounds from this guy. Those are no one shot samples but a real big bunch of loops in differents tempo.

Have about 10gig of percussions sounds like this.