New mixer in v.3??

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I was wondering if anyone's used the new mixer yet. One of my major complaint was the bigmixer and I don't feel comfortable about having to pay just to test out the new one... I think many of us feel the same way too. So, if anyone's got it, please tell us how it is!!
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

I bought the pulsar mixer

i can tell u one thing , buy it aux heaven
it has o2r thinking means real faders for the aux sends

Its #%#%@ great !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michaelj

Post by Michaelj »

Hmmm I thinking about bying the Pulsar mixer.
But how much dsp does it take just
to drag it to an emty project,
( 1, 2,3 dsps ??)

I also wanna use my sts 5000 and some synths.

I have 2 pulsar 2 (Total =12 dsp)

Michael

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Michaelj on 2001-09-25 15:12 ]</font>
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Hello, pollo here running his new G4 quicksilver 867Mhz monster!

michael I have the soundfonts here, need to install everything first.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

OT: Pollo, email me about your old mac (my email is in my profile)
Michaelj

Post by Michaelj »

Air PoLLo.
fuckin fuck :smile: (bangin my head in the wall ) :smile: !!!
WHY did you have to say you have the NEW G4. Monster... Puuuh...
I wanna have one to.!
I mail you when i get the G5 :smile: he he.

great about the fonts, I have some new sounds to !!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Michaelj on 2001-09-25 17:01 ]</font>
Michaelj

Post by Michaelj »

Air PoLLo.
fuck fuck fuck.... :smile: (bangin my head in the wall ) :smile: !!!
WHY did you have to say you have the NEW G4. Puuuh...
I wanna have one to.!
I mail you when i get the G5 :smile: he he.

great about the fonts, I have some new sounds to !!!
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

MichealJ, don't worry about DSP, when you just drag it into the project, it take less DSP than the BigMixer, and adjust dynamicaly with the number of used channel, and it's SO GREAT!!!!

I think it's even more coOl than the SCOPE/SP one! The thing is that you start with 24 mono, all convertable to true stereo (insert included), so you can go up to 48 in, and 48 out, plus CTRL Room + Studio + MIX outs.

In my case, i have a luna2 + Pulsar1, so i plug my monitor to pulsar analog (XLR), and connected studio out to those, pluged my headphone into Luna Analog out (1/4"), and connected this module to the ctrl out and the mix out is connected to wave24bit, to record directly to Wavelab without changing the volume.

So three different volume setting (monitor, headphone and recorder). Plus EACH input (up to 24 or 48) as direct output from the mixer.

This is TOO coOl!

Think i will delete the BugMixer! I don't care what so ever about this one anymore!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2001-09-25 20:45 ]</font>
Michaelj

Post by Michaelj »

marcuspocus !

well that sounds GREAT !.
I am gonna get it next wek.

THNKS !!!!
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

YES!! You guys are right! The new mixer is great. The stereo channels work sweet. Though the gui is somewhat cumbersome, it's definitely much more intelligently built compared to the bigmixer!
Also, the effect stereo enhancer is also great. It's not something you couldn't do by hand but great for a quick treatment.
I should also add that the VU meters are more reliable now, though I doubt it's perfectly in sync with the sound. Their fall time is a bit slow... but the point is, they work to a somewhat usable level. :>
It's worth a check if bigmixer has been a trouble for you.
garyb

Post by garyb »

and one more time for good measure,i'll state that it SOUNDS great!(rhyming now,drat) definitely worth the investment. and with this post, even needing one more to graduate officially,i'm sounding like a true pulsar geek.
nicked

Post by nicked »

that all sounds hopeful, i am now considering parting with the cash for the pro pack.what about automation?
mano

Post by mano »

I installed PROPACK earlier today, and I am amazed at this PulsarMixer! It ROCKS!

It doesn't use any DSP really by itself, and only uses dynamically what is required each time you add connections and enable the compressors etc.. I was surprised at how little the DSP usage was!

I love it :smile:

The ONLY negative thing I could complain about is the loading time. its a big device!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mano1.com on 2001-09-27 18:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mano1.com on 2001-09-27 18:56 ]</font>
Tinpot Logic

Post by Tinpot Logic »

Hi there...

Just wanted to ask if anyone can help finish this song for me, here are the lyrics.....

GOT NO CASH TO BUY PRO PACK,
THE BIG MIXER I GOT IS REALY PAP,
ALL I WANT IS THE NEW MIXER FREE,
CAN ANYBODY PLEASE MAIL IT TO ME?

Thanks If you can

Andy Lee
Starvin Artist & Deep House Producer

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tinpot Logic on 2001-10-01 16:54 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

...CAN ANYBODY PLEASE MAIL IT TO ME? ...

I SURE WOULD BUT YOU WOULD NEED THE KEY

hehehe... :wink:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

haha, just when we thought we had enough of this warez talk...
I can understand your financial status but things like that just don't happen around here. Besides, you CAN'T crack Pulsar apps. It's very easy to ruin your system that way.
Besides, Pulsar is still an aspiring system so don't ruin it for us all.

But it was creative for you to take the time to put it in lyrics form... hehe.:lol:
Tinpot Logic

Post by Tinpot Logic »

Thanks for the relpys guys....

You all know the story, broke the bank buying the hardware so get a little miffed when I am faced with hour long downloads and or more purchases....

Dont get me wrong I love the way Pulsar works and the community feel of it all, but how come existing users dont get the propack free like new buyers do?

I sound bitter dont I? Anyway looks like I will just have to start putting the pennys back in the jar and save the cash...

Andy Lee
Starvin Artist&Deeep house Producer
at0m

Post by at0m »

i don't seem to have that on the PulsarMixer (the AUX as inserts). Do I have another version? I had 3.01 installed, I overinstalled it yesterday to register the Propack.
I have the Aux lines on the Channels panel, next to the Busses. But where do I get the Internal Aux Effects Panel View?
I noticed a difference in Mixer on my Pulsar and the one displayed in the manual, it's situated in the lefthand top and lower corner of the Master Panel.
So I might have an older Mixer, but I have just re-installed 3.01 and registered the Propack?
Someone knows a better way to get the latest and greatest mixer?

see also http://planetz.ghostwheel.com/forums/vi ... orum=10&15

cheers,
at0mic
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio