Do I feel stupid!

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Hi all,

Since I don't know you personal I just wanted to get this of my chest..

Yesterday the guy that was interested in my Yamaha card solved a problem which I had for some months now. He was playing with the card and said if I was aware that i recorded mono. As some of you perhaps know I have posted this issue over several forums. No one could give me an answer.

It seemed that I setup everything correctly in VST and also my input signal in the Yamaha environment, however did not check the output of the Yamaha mixer to the VST environment!!! :oops:

Boy, did I feel stupid. Now I sold the card but am quite frustrated about the fact that I couldn't solve the problem. Now all the traxx I recorded are mono. Now I'm curious what my record company will say....

Acid :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-10-12 08:15 ]</font>
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

you can pan em in cubase . . . (?)
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

I already did that. It was the Yamaha mixer I had to pan.
peripatitis

Post by peripatitis »

Here is a story that might make you feel better.
i have a boss sx-700 effect prosessor which i use it in the studio and take it also in gigs to treat vocals e.t.c.About 5 years ago in a gig while singing i heard a thumb noise in the engineers place where i used to leave the sx-700, later the gig the engineer informed me that some liquid was spilled at the machine.From that period and after i had a feeling that the left channel of the prosessor didn't perform as it should in the studio although because of the peculiar placements of my monitors on the home studio i was not postively certain.Iwas concidering for a long time to take it to the service and fix the problem , however 6 months went by and i didn't do anything.One day a producer came home and complemented very positively on the idea that i had to place the return of the reverb for the vocals to the right channel only in which time i discovered that the return channel for the
right was turned down.
Many nights before i sleep i thank god for i didn't take the machine to the service and suffer the disgrace or turn my console for service also.
People can do the most stupid things regardless of their experience or not , i mean this was a childish mistake that was bothering me for SIX MONTHS.
dont take it so hard!!!!!
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

*LOL* :lol:

hehehe. Any other stupidities? Perhaps we can start a forum on that. I will try and see what happens.

I think it's much easier to say it in here then to say it to people you actually know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-10-12 08:24 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

""then to say it to people you actually know. ""

They don't know what we're talking about.

atomic :wink:
krip

Post by krip »

And don't care either.... :wink:
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Hey, that's very recognisable... :razz:

Since I sometimes have to get rid of those frustrations and stupidities, I want to tell my girlfriend about. When I start "nacking" (as she says) about those things she just says;

"ok, enough for now let's talk about diner. What would you like to eat..."

Aarghhh, I just want to shout out at her at those moments!

Just wait till I get my first top 10 hit! Then we'll see who's interested in the other! hehehe. REVENGE WILL BE MINE!!! :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-10-15 05:59 ]</font>