Scope Pro and Mackie Control universal

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Next month maybe I'll buy a Creamware Scope Pro. I already have a Mackie Control Universal as midi controller. My question is simple but i'm a newbie with that card. May I control the STM 2448 with it ? The faders of the MCU send Pitch Bend Messages and not control messages. Can the STM react with this type of command ?
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

So how does that work? How does it multiplex all the different controller numbers into the Pitchbend MIDI message?

The STM mixers are automatable using CC, not Pitchbend, so you'll need something to convert. If you have more information on how PitchBend is used to control stuff (like 5-6 bit for controller id/number and 10 bit for more precise control,) I guess making a custom device for the conversion wouldn't be too hard. If it's something more fancy, like using 2 PitchBend messages in a row to get 32 bits data or some such, I guess you'll need something software based.

If you use Logic, someone might have made an Environnement patch for MCU that will output CC stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: symbiote on 2004-11-23 12:53 ]</font>
Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Thank you for your answer. In fact for a group of 8 tracks the MCU send Pitch Bend messages in eight different channels... More precision they said.I already tried to develop a soft ware to translate the differents types of messages. But the trouble is a scaling artefact when i move the faders. I saw this whith cubase to see if it worked. The best i think, is to change my controler. Maybe a BCF-2000 and a BCR-2000 from Behringer ? Do someone use these controlers with the STM ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fearless on 2004-11-28 11:29 ]</font>
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Fearless

Post by Fearless »

Thanks a lot Piddi for this device. Very useful. I got the answer and I can keep my MCU...
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

I'm trying to figure out how this device would work. If I can only have one of them chained between my Pulsar MIDI source and STM2448 Midi in, then how can I map multiple CCs? For example, the BCF2000 in Mackie emulation sends Pitch Bend messages on each channel. How would I configure the MIDI Transformer so that I could sync the fader controls between the BCF and STM if the STM requires a different CC for each fader all on the same channel? It looks like this device only lets you output one CC.

Thanks,
Chisel
Txemical

Post by Txemical »

i have too a bcf, what's the way to work?
anyone?