No sound coming out??

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

One2Waziru

Post by One2Waziru »

I just got my noah ,but there is no sound coming out the headpones out or the analog outs,then tried to use as an usb interface so I conected it to my computer no sound neither aiso nor as wave device,
Updated the firmware but still no sound.
No led activity in the remote mixer.
Is my unit broken so do I have to send it back to creamware??
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Are you sending MIDI through the correct port?
You can chose between different MIDI inputs(MIDI in,USB), so it could be that the one you are using is not set as active.
One2Waziru

Post by One2Waziru »

there was something wrong with the software or adat channel ,I connected it to my pulsar card no sound ,then I restarted my laptop on wich I run the remote software and there it was noah trough the headphones almost blowing my head of.
The only problem left is that I have to reenter all of the activationkeys .
creamware mailed me a list but not all the keys are working on my machine,so I can just use minimax,eds8 and lightwave,thanks for the fast reply.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

On 2004-08-16 11:58, One2Waziru wrote:
I just got my noah ,but there is no sound coming out the headpones out or the analog
Check that the unit is generating its own clock source (internal). If it's looking for an external sync, and none is present, you just won't get any sound, with no obvious signs of what's wrong.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

What's happening in this thread?
hubird

Post by hubird »

strange, I see an 'empty' white block, and a message '
Error getting rank info from database'...
did the Florida hurricane hit a small part of the server disk? :grin:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

I have the same problem as One2Waziru... no sound coming out. I did what he did to solve this but it still doesn't work. Funny think is that everything seems to work fine; the remote software is responding to inputs from the various knobs but there just isn't any sound coming out of the analog outs or tha headphones!

has anyone else been experiencing this?

thanks
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

You do have the right outputs chosen in the master section of the mixer, right?
And for problems with the adat connection, are you shure you loaded the corresponding (to the optical in, A or B) module in scope?

Sorry if it sounds silly, but it could be useful to recheck...
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thanks alphonso, i've got analog outs displayed in the mixer output and physical analog outputs wired to a console. didn't try the adats (don't own optical cables lol)

headphones don't even work in standalone mode

the usb light only flashes when i send an asio source to the noah...
arela

Post by arela »

Are you shure midi connections corespond with software settings.
For each slot, you can choose usb, midi or both as source.
If you connect a keyboard to MIDI IN, the MIDI IN light will flash, choose a synth,
and you have signals to the headphones?
the usb light only flashes when i send an asio source to the noah...
It will flash when receiving midi too.

hmmm, haven't tried to send audio through usb, i Wanda, wonda, wonder :smile:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thanks arela, made a little progress so i'm writing this in case somebody else runs into the same problems:

after flashing the os a zillion time I looked over the noah faq on creamware site. There's a procedure for reregistering the synths and plugs using the power on and utility buttons pushed at the same time. Followed this and got to the point where the remote software would ask me activation keys and surprise surprise, the lightwave output sounds to the headphones. I only have a limited set of activation keys on my page, for example the b2003 isn't there... got the minimax to work also (nasty bass sounds btw), but still no sound coming out of the analog outs lol. well it was late yesterday and i went to bed

more tonight...