Auto-panning drums

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spirit

Post by Spirit »

In my very humble little uploaded drum machine ModV2 patch here:
http://www.planetz.com/Pulsar/Devices.html
I originally tried to get a couple of the drum synths to auto-pan. I thought I'd just need to connect the out of the drumsynth module to the in of the autopan, add a simple lfo to modulate the pan, and that'd be it! But it didn't work.

Funny thing is I can get it to work on normal "music" patches easily.

Does anyone know where I went wrong?

With an autopan (plus a couple of other ideas I'm tossing about) I think I could go for DogPound mark II.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Well, a month later and the Dogstar is ready: better effects, more presets, compressor, quantiser, some quirky filter ideas.... I'm pretty happy and think it's much better than the original Dogpound.

But the only problem is I still can't get auto-panning on the drums. Come to that I'm not getting anything panning, even manually.

The outputs are based on the Dogpound. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong ?
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Did you switch to the stereo mixers yet? Are you sure the left channel is panned hardleft and the right channel hard right and routed to the proper outputs...?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Yep, I took that good suggestion but to no effect. I think it may have something to do with where the polyout sits in the chain, but it's in the same place as normal music patches... I'll have to keep digging. I'd post the patch as it is, but an auto-pan would be a lovely touch.