is there a way to sync the lfo 's to the midi in clock?

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

Post by fra77x »

is there a bug in the midi clocks on the modular or something else?
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

not sure what u mean about the bugs? wire the midi clock mdl to the lfo, if the lfo takes frequency and not midi, you need to send the midi clock mdl to the frequency divider mdl and then to the lfo. (i am not on my audio box now, but i think this is how to do this . . .)
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

well i have done that but the value which shows the midi in clock (when in external) in the midi clock module doesn't shows a constant value (in cubase the tempo is 143 but the value "arrives" at the modular change in a random way let's say from 125-150
is cubase responsible or am i doing something wrong?
thanx
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

If you have a hardware synth, try syncing it to MIDI clock. Watch it wobble. What you are experiencing is the low bandwidth, non-timestamped nature of MIDI. Everything does this that I know of, only some developers seem to have better "smoothing" routines than others. The Creamware implementation is pretty average here, and any extra "smoothing" would slow down any tempo changes you'd throw at it.

If you know your BPM exactly, type it in and get no fluctuations :wink: Otherwise deal with the slight changes, if you can hear them, then your other option is to just type it into the box, or get an AMT8/Unitor8 and run emagic Logic (or the Steinberg equivalent).
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

does amt8 have special sync with logic or something? yes steinberg do have something like this. the M8 i think? it is $$$
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Now i understand...