Expert sleepers ES-3 and ES-6 light Pipe and scopes Modular?

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

Expert sleepers ES-3 and ES-6 light Pipe and scopes Modular?

Post by Marco »

Expert sleepers ES-3 and ES-6 light Pipe cv in and output vis Adat light Pipe and scopes Modular?

Has anyone tried this combinations to connect a Eurorack Modular with the scope Modular to expand your possibilities in a huge way?

I see great possibilities in my Imagination, but how is tge reality?

Scopes Modular works in Realtime, that's why I see a good Chance to save a lot of money and expand the possibilities of a real Modular with the scope Modular.

Using a bcr2000 to turn some knobs of your softe Modular.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
darkrezin

Re: Expert sleepers ES-3 and ES-6 light Pipe and scopes Modular?

Post by darkrezin »

I have done it (ES3 output only, not ES6 or any other input method) - it works. TBH, I only really used it for audio streaming (Scope oscs, often paraphonc, through hardware filters for example) and sometimes making chaotic LFOs which didn't need to be tempo locked. I always preferred using the Silent way plugins for anything conventionally synthy and for anything serious modulation-wise (due to DAW-tempo locking). There's no way of doing the osc calibration routine in Scope Modular afaik. But you can trigger multiple things simultaneously (silent way + Scope modular patch) to do different things. Be aware that Scope can be poly and a hardware modular can't work that way, although you can do paraphonic stuff with Scope before hardware. The possibilities are indeed limited only by your imagination - the reality I would say is limited only by your vision. What is it you want to do? If you want to do it badly enough then go ahead and make it a reality.
valis

Post by valis »

There was a fellow in one on the Facebook modular groups selling the both digital ES interfaces for $300...I’ll see if I can find it still.
dawman

Post by dawman »

darkrezin wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am I have done it (ES3 output only, not ES6 or any other input method) - it works. TBH, I only really used it for audio streaming (Scope oscs, often paraphonc, through hardware filters for example) and sometimes making chaotic LFOs which didn't need to be tempo locked. I always preferred using the Silent way plugins for anything conventionally synthy and for anything serious modulation-wise (due to DAW-tempo locking). There's no way of doing the osc calibration routine in Scope Modular afaik. But you can trigger multiple things simultaneously (silent way + Scope modular patch) to do different things. Be aware that Scope can be poly and a hardware modular can't work that way, although you can do paraphonic stuff with Scope before hardware. The possibilities are indeed limited only by your imagination - the reality I would say is limited only by your vision. What is it you want to do? If you want to do it badly enough then go ahead and make it a reality.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Darkrezin.
Glad to see you bro, and Herbies Thrust Album Cover/Avatar....
valis

Post by valis »

=]

Also I might add, that if you have flexor you have a workflow where you can do the 'daw sync' to Scope mod using saw ramps (create a ramp generator in scope, record that digitally into your daw, and feed that audio signal back and replace the ramp generator in your projects. bang easy)

Going this route you can have the DAW be sync where needed for both Scope & external mod stuff, let whatever you want to run free otherwise and worry less about making Scope the master. This won't of course work for instances where you want to use a more 'realtime' less 'nonlinear' (start/stop/loop) workflow...

Also I found the thread on fb with the ES3 & etc for sale for a great price and asked if it was still available. We shall see...
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thx for the great idea!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!