When I was younger.

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

When I was younger.

Post by JoPo »

Aaah ! Youth ! All those knobs to generate a so complicated sound ! After that, I bought a pulsar card and installed a kitchen in that room. I throwed away all those boxes full of pots, they never helped me to receive better the radio, just having had the proof that dogs may commit suicide under certain specific circumstances. Look how I was svelte at the time ! Girls almost agreed to talk to me without screaming ! It was the good old days. :roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWuRsTAxWes
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Re: When I was younger.

Post by dawman »

Awesome.
Wonder what Reverb was being used.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I don't know, at that time, I spoke german but my memory is upside down with my grand age, maybe some german people could tell us if we were speaking about the reverb and which one it was. Anyway, I think I throwed it away too.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

JoPo wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 am I don't know, at that time, I spoke german but my memory is upside down with my grand age, maybe some german people could tell us if we were speaking about the reverb and which one it was. Anyway, I think I throwed it away too.
My 1st synth was a Elektor Formant,- a smaller one ... just only 1 cabinet filled w/ modules and the keyboard.
IIRC, there was no reverb module.
Since it was a DIY project synth published by Elektor magazine, the modules were what they published as schematics, parts lists and construction guides.
Here you see the basics ... http://www.klaus-pohlig.de/audiohistory ... ormant.htm
Here´s more in english about additional/special modules being published in other books http://synthmuseum.com/elektor/eleform01.html

Maybe and when investing time in google, these ressources can be found.
Siggi himself w/ his Super-Formant System and in his studio obviously uses something else for reverb,- but unfortunately I have no interest watching that vid ´til the end.

I didn´t use the Formant for long, sold it and bought Wolfgang Palm´s analogues (1002 / 1020) and MOOG synths because I needed more reliable and more portable gear for gigging.

:)

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Woah ! 1979 ? I was 10 and played just saxo. But I already loved jazz and electronic music !
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

JoPo wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 am Woah ! 1979 ? I was 10 and played just saxo. But I already loved jazz and electronic music !
Yep, somewhere between mid 70s and 1980 ...
In 1979 I was 24 and did studio sessions since ~ 1976, performing on Fender Rhodes, Clavinet D6 and ARP/Solina Stringmachine,- piano and organ too.
I remember using a Minimoog D in a studio for the very 1st time.
Because it wasn´t mine, I had no clue how to get the best out of it and was frustrated,- and it was out of tune quick too.
One of the early models I guess.
But that was the point from where I wanted learning synthesis.
Oh well, it started it all ... purchasing synths ...

I appreciate we have modulars in digital world like SCOPE and having the ability to store ´em in preset memory.
I´ll never go back and patch real cords on larger modular systems, then do photos remembering what I did.

:)

Bud