Waow !

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Waow !

Post by JoPo »

I must confess that the new NI reaktor looks really appetizing ! After being very deep into detail setable feature, NI makes 'Blocks' level , even if this level already exists, the idea is a bit different. Must wait a bit to update but with my new powerful pc, I'm impatient to have a try...
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... reaktor-6/
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
roy thinnes

Re: Waow !

Post by roy thinnes »

I just saw it on CDM and Reaktortips.
If it sounds as good as it looks, I'm in.
And the upgrade price (99€) isn't bad either..
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

That sounds and looks pretty impressive. I wonder how much PC juice that's going to draw?
Reasonably priced too but since it's a VST if you can wait a year or two you will probably get it at half price :D

Anyway I don't own any NI stuff so I was sniffing around their site and low and behold some free stuff!
Probably ancient...... :roll: but eh.....

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/free/
ehasting

Post by ehasting »

Never that keen on the synths from NI ( however i am very happy with maschine). But if anyone gets reaktor6 - please make some decent demos or sound clip so i can be convinced. Right now i am still happy with the Scope Modular :).

i heard it was more or less monophonic the whole blocks thing...
Higen
http://www.scopeportal.com - Community Sonic Core SCOPE Plugins and Devices
http://www.higen.org
frokka

Post by frokka »

I wonder if the release of Reaktor 6 now means there will be no Komplete 11 this year.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Don't buy this unless you are already an NI slave.
Folks always jump in and pay big bucks for their crap, then see others get it for a fraction later in another Komplete 29, etc.

I bought their weak ass Scabbey Roads Drums, three times too, what a loser I am.
Then fell for the fake demos of Session Strings....sucker.
Then the weak pathetic Organs...OMG>..I was ready to hurl chunks after hearing that mamby pamby dick less Hammond B3.
Did buy Session Horns though. Actually a very good likve horn section that works with CHHorns 2.

But Weaktor...?

For all the cash yuze guys and I as well, have wasted on this crap we could have had EuroRacks or some SE-1s.
Those synths have cocks and balls.

But maybe I am wrong, usually apologize if true, so yes post some demos and make the filters juicy and dirty.
Maybe then I might try and see if I like getting fucked a little more.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I can't say Reaktor is a piece of shit !

I let it a bit on the side but since I have a new computer, now, I think I gonna use it more... I like the way they have been very deep into level, manageable buy users. And I think they have a good idea to propose a much higher level with 'blocks'... Even if (I don't remember its name) the same level already exists : filters devices, oscillators, ... etc ... Anyway, I didn't tried it yet.. I must buy food to continue to live, so, even 99€ will wait...

For NI products, I agree : there is shits and I gave them a lot of money for shit products like Studio Drummer, George Duke Soul Treasures and else... But one must say that all Scarbee basses are awesome ! And Sample Modeling stuff !! Stupendo !

And for software, Kontakt is really excellent, even if I could, I'd like to try Mach Five to see what is the difference. The big Kontakt missing is a general modulation and modulation on everything, like Omnisphere 2 : even on fx, instrument level, every kontakt knobs should have a modulation (with any kind of source) possibility.
And of course Reaktor... :D
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
hubird

Post by hubird »

DrumLab (€99,-) is great, if you need real drums with separate recorded and appliable ambience à la 70ties mike technics, adjustable by a electronic layer for punch (or alone) :-)
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

almsot bought reaktor, was at the checkout page. then i actually heard the sound demos :/ not thanks :)
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

dawman wrote:Don't buy this unless you are already an NI slave.
Folks always jump in and pay big bucks for their crap, then see others get it for a fraction later in another Komplete 29, etc.

I bought their weak ass Scabbey Roads Drums, three times too, what a loser I am.
Then fell for the fake demos of Session Strings....sucker.
Then the weak pathetic Organs...OMG>..I was ready to hurl chunks after hearing that mamby pamby dick less Hammond B3.
Did buy Session Horns though. Actually a very good likve horn section that works with CHHorns 2.

But Weaktor...?

For all the cash yuze guys and I as well, have wasted on this crap we could have had EuroRacks or some SE-1s.

But maybe I am wrong, usually apologize if true, so yes post some demos and make the filters juicy and dirty.
I'd say that you are indeed wrong. Spend a little while with Monark (made with Reaktor and its components are available in Blocks) and compare it to Minimax. Balls, it has. It is very CPU hungry, and monophonic, as are Blocks.
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

dawman wrote:Don't buy this unless you are already an NI slave.

But Weaktor...?

hahahahahaha spot on about ni :) btw, eurocrap doesn't sound that great either, a lot of mediocre manufacturers in play there, and for a decent eurorack setup you need to spend thousands.... :)
Music
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

btw pulling of a want-to-be-analog-but-digital-as-fuck-minimoog-clone doesn't really make me do hoola hoops these days, be it ni or sc or anyone else. i like the minimax, cool and useful and big sound, but yeah...

the whole power and alure of reaktor is the neat manglers, unique machines and cool glitch shit you can build, and for that you need to go much lower level and blocks won't do a thing for you. if we are comparing oscs and filters then come on, you have a scope, why would you need a shitty osc from ni? like you said, if it is for cloning 3osc synths, load monark or massive or whatever they flagship these days. i'm not convinced! for a blocks style modular in vsti i grabbed karmafx for 70 bucks, and they even let me and one of my partners share the download, so basically 30 each, end of story and i'm very happy with it even if it is not in the mature state reaktor is in environment wise.
Music
Marco

Post by Marco »

When i buy a Hardware Synthesize, then I whish a good and deep friendship best for next 20 or 30 years, maybe 40 till I die. And I get that.!

When i buy a Synthesizer for scope, then I whish a good and deep friendship best for next 20 or 30 years, maybe 40 till I die. And I get that!

When i buy a sSoftware Synthesize, like the ni rReaktor, then I whish wish to have it, until next Windows Version is killing my Synthesizer all two years again. Fuck!

Next Windows Version I get an updated strange Synthesizer loosing my friendship again and again... Grrrr

A good and deep friendship means, you are getting married with your Synthesizer.

A little bit of love isnt that what we need, your musical expression combined with a bit piece of Romance

Scope can do that, already since 1997
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Aye,

Most softwarez doesn't impress me much. None of the new hardware impresses me much. What's wrong with a 1983 DX7? Sounds great to me. My Korg M3 is probably 10 years old and sounds great too. Good hardware will last you forever.

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

In germany we say, most of it is GELDMACHEREI.

Making money and Marketing with musicans.

Yes I love my Oldtimer Devices
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Aye!

I only trust stuff made in Germany and Japan. Korg stuff - Japan. Yamaha stuff - Japan. Creamware PCI cards - Germany. All of them old and always on. Haven't died yet. Unlike some other stuff... :)

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

For mehr, when I come into a musicstore, year by year I see more and more Instruments to much for anyone.

Today I keep my old stuff and love it. Because the most of the is a reproduction of the old.... Not necessary to waste my money.

I have a novation Bass Station 1 and a old old Siel Opera, No and a studiologic sledge. A good Mix. And a original Hohner Pianet N grassy Instruments!

But the oldest is my 1937 built Blüthner grand. All piano Samples sucks :D

Buying a dx7 and a sy99 would be a good idea!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

You have quite the collection!

The good old stuff sounds the best and it's unique. You can't lose with the DX7. I have a DX7s myself which is a bit newer without those annoying membrane buttons and a bit better converters. But it's still noisy as s**t! But the sound is amazing.
You can tweak it to be very responsive according it your playing. I know it only has one mod wheel and aftertouch, but that's enough for me.

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

What is bester dx7 or dx7II?
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

DXII is newer so it will sound better and probably not have those stupid membrane switches. DX7s is basically the same as a DXII as far I can tell. There is also DX7d which can play two voice at a time. There's also an FD version with a floppy drive, but you don't need that. FM Alive is $20 and has almost 20,000 patches. Sysex works just fine. And of course the TX802 with separate output for each voice. But I don't like rack boxes, prefer hands on stuff. Only get the 1983 original brown DX if you want the original noisy sound :lol: But I am pretty sure the original is made from metal like a tank, mine is all plastic, a bit beat up. Make sure to get one with a cartridge so you can store up to 128 voices.

-Tom