Modular2 vs Modular IV shell

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Modular2 vs Modular IV shell

Post by yayajohn »

Just installed Flexor and the factory patches pull up the Mod II shell. Not sure what advantages the Mod IV shell have over the Mod II or III shell. All of my directories are the same and the Mod IV modules seem to open fine in the Mod II shell. Are there any differences and if so how do I direct a flexor patch or other to open in Mod IV?
garyb

Re: Modular2 vs Modular IV shell

Post by garyb »

mod4 is really the modules, not the shell. mod4 modules open in all the shells. the presets were made with mod2 shells, so that's how they open. if you want to try the mod4 shell, go ahead. iirc, the mod2 and mod3 shells were the most stable, but i could be wrong. a mod user would have to confirm....
petal

Post by petal »

The Mod2 shell was always considered to be more stable than the Mod3 shell, which is why Flexor patches have been build in mod2 shells.

However I don't know whether the Mod4 shell is more, less or equaly stable to the Mod2 shell.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

on XITE, I see no stability differences. Aside from the looks, the Only difference I see is the MRC....in Mod 2 you can customize it, in mod IV it is 16 knobs that are more or less fixed, Asa far as I know.

Simon's BCmodular shells add some great new features for midi mapped audio control over parameters, support of scope sync, or his sub shells (which can be used in any top level shell), which can be presets of themselves.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yeah i would love to move some older patches over to the BC shells. Is there any way to do that without building them from scratch?

I suppose you could Ctrl+D click each separate module

Thanks for the input guys.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Better off just re building them.
It's much more work, but actually helps me comprehend more every time I build into another shell.
Sharc's shells are the kind..