Not Analog OSC

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Draganovich

Not Analog OSC

Post by Draganovich »

Hello. Are there oscillators with non-floating phase? in a regular set no, but can Flex there?
djmicron

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by djmicron »

oscillation is a variation in time, but you are free to apply some maths and obtain straight signals.
Draganovich

Post by Draganovich »

djmicron wrote:oscillation is a variation in time, but you are free to apply some maths and obtain straight signals.

how to do it?
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Don't know exactly what you need to accomplish, for example using the diode module.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Seems to me like you are asking for all oscillators or LFOs to be synchronized with the beginning of a note, rather than always running, so phase issues are different for two oscillators at the beginning of each note (causing different attack times at lower frequencies)?

You can use oscillators that have a reset input, and use the envelope to reset them. It is worth creating a pulse from the envelope, so that the oscillators are reset at note on, but can ring for a while when envelope is released.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

jksuperstar wrote:Seems to me like you are asking for all oscillators or LFOs to be synchronized with the beginning of a note, rather than always running, so phase issues are different for two oscillators at the beginning of each note (causing different attack times at lower frequencies)?

You can use oscillators that have a reset input, and use the envelope to reset them. It is worth creating a pulse from the envelope, so that the oscillators are reset at note on, but can ring for a while when envelope is released.
ok, so you need an oscillator with retrigger input, such as flexor ones with gate input.
fra77x

Post by fra77x »

Use an oscillator that has a sync input and use the gate2sync module to reset the phase. The uknow oscillator is best as you can adjust the phase of the oscillator as well
Draganovich

Post by Draganovich »

fra77x wrote:Use an oscillator that has a sync input and use the gate2sync module to reset the phase. The uknow oscillator is best as you can adjust the phase of the oscillator as well

Thank you very much!!! Made a gift to me!!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

That gate2sync trick works really nice.
Found it being used in a RoyT patch so I messed around some more with it and it cracks out some percussive textures really well.

Thanks, glad I read another ancient thread.. :wink: