Not Analog OSC

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
Draganovich
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Not Analog OSC

Post by Draganovich » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 am

Hello. Are there oscillators with non-floating phase? in a regular set no, but can Flex there?

djmicron
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by djmicron » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:59 am

oscillation is a variation in time, but you are free to apply some maths and obtain straight signals.
Image

Draganovich
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by Draganovich » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 am

djmicron wrote:oscillation is a variation in time, but you are free to apply some maths and obtain straight signals.

how to do it?

djmicron
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by djmicron » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:48 am

Don't know exactly what you need to accomplish, for example using the diode module.
Image

jksuperstar
Posts: 1554
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by jksuperstar » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Seems to me like you are asking for all oscillators or LFOs to be synchronized with the beginning of a note, rather than always running, so phase issues are different for two oscillators at the beginning of each note (causing different attack times at lower frequencies)?

You can use oscillators that have a reset input, and use the envelope to reset them. It is worth creating a pulse from the envelope, so that the oscillators are reset at note on, but can ring for a while when envelope is released.

djmicron
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:00 pm
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by djmicron » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 am

jksuperstar wrote:Seems to me like you are asking for all oscillators or LFOs to be synchronized with the beginning of a note, rather than always running, so phase issues are different for two oscillators at the beginning of each note (causing different attack times at lower frequencies)?

You can use oscillators that have a reset input, and use the envelope to reset them. It is worth creating a pulse from the envelope, so that the oscillators are reset at note on, but can ring for a while when envelope is released.
ok, so you need an oscillator with retrigger input, such as flexor ones with gate input.
Image

fra77x
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2001 4:00 pm

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by fra77x » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Use an oscillator that has a sync input and use the gate2sync module to reset the phase. The uknow oscillator is best as you can adjust the phase of the oscillator as well

Draganovich
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by Draganovich » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

fra77x wrote:Use an oscillator that has a sync input and use the gate2sync module to reset the phase. The uknow oscillator is best as you can adjust the phase of the oscillator as well

Thank you very much!!! Made a gift to me!!!

dawman
Posts: 13278
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Location: PROJECT WINDOW

Re: Not Analog OSC

Post by dawman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:07 pm

That gate2sync trick works really nice.
Found it being used in a RoyT patch so I messed around some more with it and it cracks out some percussive textures really well.

Thanks, glad I read another ancient thread.. :wink:

Post Reply