You all suck.

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

jksuperstar

You all suck.

Post by jksuperstar »

You all suck. And the entire S|C cult community has conspired to prevent me from ever using SCOPE again.

Between BCModular, the SCOPE Bundle NSA, the Zarg Bundle NSA, CWModular, dNa MasterComp, and other constant trickle of finds in the PlanetZ archives...I have spent all of my time installing shit, and no time playing. My virtual studio, had it been actual hardware, would have taken over my house and caused a domestic disturbance in the neighborhood. I am building virtual closets and attic space just to store the amount of virtual hardware I now have. I'll never touch another VST. I promise.

You all suck.
David

Re: You all suck.

Post by David »

I can only sympathize with the amount of hours spent downloading testing and installing the mammoth myriad of devices and modules available for the Scope platform.
One day "soon" I plan on using it all in one massive piece of art.
I fear, though, the imminent release of Scope 6 may further hinder this dream.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

LOL! I know exactly what you are talking about.
dawman

Post by dawman »

:lol:
Glad to know others are afflicted with 3rd Party Developers Syndrome.
garyb

Post by garyb »

panda computer.gif
panda computer.gif (1.36 MiB) Viewed 5116 times
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

use it use it use it

make more more more modular modules

can never have enough

there are already loads missing that are available to the hardware modulars

i have been making some for other tasks which i hope to make into modules

welcome to the extended work flow of modular

you will never ever run out of things to do with modular
Roland Kuit

Post by Roland Kuit »

Modular is a way of life:
Attachments
modular-units-27-1150x862.jpg
modular-units-27-1150x862.jpg (18.33 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
petal

Post by petal »

I know this is a joke post, but man, at the same time you point at a true problem of the Scope platform. It's getting much too complicated to make a "fresh install of "everything" and "keep it up to date".
It's the main reason why I don't reinstall my machine like I used to once every year, because reinstalling my setup is a MAJOR task.

It's a luxery problem, I know, but man I wish someone would figure out a way to make the instalation and updating process of Scope and all it's goodies easy and simple - yes a nobrainer please.
dante

Post by dante »

Regular backups of your Scope XITE and Scope PCI folders plus seperate backups of the keyfile of each.

On new OS install, just copy back over initial install from CD.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

petal wrote:I know this is a joke post, but man, at the same time you point at a true problem of the Scope platform. It's getting much too complicated to make a "fresh install of "everything" and "keep it up to date".
It's the main reason why I don't reinstall my machine like I used to once every year, because reinstalling my setup is a MAJOR task.

It's a luxery problem, I know, but man I wish someone would figure out a way to make the instalation and updating process of Scope and all it's goodies easy and simple - yes a nobrainer please.

Re-installing SCOPE is easy and MUCH faster than Native plugins (Quick installation is one of SCOPE's advantages). Once you've installed all your SCOPE plugins once into your SCOPE folder just copy your SCOPE folder from your C:drive to a CD. When you re-install Windows O/S just copy the SCOPE folder with all your installed plugins from your CD to your C:drive and all plugins are installed instantly with the folder, you just need to run the drivers installation.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

dante wrote:Regular backups of your Scope XITE and Scope PCI folders plus seperate backups of the keyfile of each.

On new OS install, just copy back over initial install from CD.

Sorry for the redundant post of mine, looks like you beat me to answer the question by a few minutes.

For sure, re-installation is one of the advantages of SCOPE and a very quick process.
dante

Post by dante »

Sounddesigner wrote: Sorry for the redundant post of mine, looks like you beat me to answer the question by a few minutes. For sure, re-installation is one of the advantages of SCOPE and a very quick process.
Not really redundant. Made me think of highlighting this 'Scope re-install convenience' in ScopeRise somewhere. Plus the CD idea is a good one...
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I created a fake SCOPE directory, and "install" all the 3rd party stuff there. Devs, modules, sys, DSP, etc. The directory structure is the same as scope. So after I re-install 5.1 for example, I just copy that "install" on top of the fresh SCOPE dir. I keep a separate backup of presets, since that's where all my meat is.
garyb

Post by garyb »

working studios don't ever want the kind of downtime involved with setting new systems up constantly trying to keep up with hype.

they want good sounding tools and the when they get them, they keep using them until they're worn out and need repair or replacing. anything else is madness, or music was never the goal in the first place...

oh! was i ranting again? :oops:
dante

Post by dante »

Well, I'm greedy and want to do both ... Make music and fiddle with the technology. If I had to make a living with it though I'd definitely have a separate fiddling system :lol:
petal

Post by petal »

All I'm saying is, that it is not simple. And no I'm not running a professional studio. I like my scope system a lot, but I'm not blinded by hype or love for the system.

I'm not talking about the basic scope installation which I agree is easy and simple to install. No what I'm talking about is getting everything else installed the right places.

I have the BlackBox, Flexor, Zarg-synths and freebies galore etc. It's not a simple task to find everything (in the newest/best working version) and install everything again from scratch. Paths in the different installation-files change from old scope version to the newest one. Presets all piled up in one big folder omg...

Copying my old installation before I reinstall windows is not an option (I only do this for presets, it's the only solution here), cause I know the scope installation has been poluted by trying out freebies and beta's of these and other stuff.

Making a copy of a fresh full installation is also what I have done, and its a good starting point. But getting to this point did take a lot of work and was only possible because of years of bad experiences of not doing it - it's not simple. It could be made simpler, it really could :)
sharc

Post by sharc »

petal wrote:All I'm saying is, that it is not simple. And no I'm not running a professional studio. I like my scope system a lot, but I'm not blinded by hype or love for the system.

I'm not talking about the basic scope installation which I agree is easy and simple to install. No what I'm talking about is getting everything else installed the right places.

I have the BlackBox, Flexor, Zarg-synths and freebies galore etc. It's not a simple task to find everything (in the newest/best working version) and install everything again from scratch. Paths in the different installation-files change from old scope version to the newest one. Presets all piled up in one big folder omg...
Is it really so often that you get a Scope update though? I usually go through at least a couple of PC's between them nevermind re-installs :D
petal wrote:Copying my old installation before I reinstall windows is not an option (I only do this for presets, it's the only solution here), cause I know the scope installation has been poluted by trying out freebies and beta's of these and other stuff.
If you mean polluted as in workflow hindered by the difficulty of finding the tool your looking for then I get your point. There shouldn't be any performance issue though. Why should there? Most devices just run. They don't need to be installed, touch the registry or even the Scope cset. Maybe I missed the devices you're referring to though.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hallo guys, this is an insteresting theme here. A lot of People have turned there back from the scope Systeme, because it is made for musicans, but to much mousemoves needed, to make it run.

Yes it is flexible, but complicated. You Need a lot of Organisation to make use of thisis Systeme.

NOW Version 6 goes exactly the wrong direction, it is made open, the USER can program his own Software!!!

Hey, do I Play guitar? With my Hands? Do I make tones? I make Music, not SOFTWARE!

Version 6 will not be more interesting than 5.1. As a musican, I Need a tonestudio, running wild, not soldering new Software for myself! :-?
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
dante

Post by dante »

anabella wrote:Hallo guys, this is an insteresting theme here. A lot of People have turned there back from the scope Systeme, because it is made for musicans, but to much mousemoves needed, to make it run.
Who ? For example. And how do you know that was the reason ?

What a load of rubbish.

I created my last 2 tunes using Scope template projects in which nothing changed but the mixer levels using a BCR2000.

Absolutely no mouse used at all.

LOL. ! talk about heresay. :lol: :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, we need software that makes our music for us so we don't need any knowledge or skills at all!
that way, we can get on with real living, stuff like taking our drugs and drooling in the corner...