Request for New Device: RAMP to Midi Clock gen

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

jksuperstar

Request for New Device: RAMP to Midi Clock gen

Post by jksuperstar »

I was re-evaluating my MIDI clock source, and have seen several hardware units on the market that take an audio ramp from the DAW, sent via audio i/o device to the external unit, which then generates MIDI clock from that.

There is a module include with ModIV, that syncs to the DAW via it's own VSTplugin...but doesn't provide MIDI clock...only freq and gates, useful for delays & such.

Things like this, but in Module or Device form:
http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20 ... %20LE.html

Ideally, I'd like it to be able to generate a freq output for Modular use, gate or reset (to align sequencers), MIDI clock output, both with delay that can be added (to shift one from the other) by note (16th note slip for example), or time (<16th note slips in milliseconds to give grooves), allow for swing to be interpreted from the RAMP (such that when the daw has a swing or groove applied, the and the ramp output follows this groove, the midi clock trcks the ramp and so the clocks have a groove to them as well).

I have SDK 5.1, but the midi atoms are lacking...I'm guessing there are many more available in SDK4.0? So, that's why I am asking here...is there a way to get the atoms from SDK4.0 into 5.1, or can someone make such a device/module?

I have a few modules/devices from tgstgs and scope modIII, that together form a VERY tight midi clock, along with start/stop. But I don't have any way of applying swing/groove right now. Other than building a more complex device in SCOPE, this method of converting a RAMP into MIDI Clock seems easy and would maintain an accurate MIDI clock, and avoid the sloppy clocks that come from DAWs from standard MIDI output.
tgstgs

Re: Request for New Device: RAMP to Midi Clock gen

Post by tgstgs »

the sync if should do

good vibes