problems with tapedelay mod4

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Zimbo

problems with tapedelay mod4

Post by Zimbo »

hi all,

i have ongoing problems to use the tapedelay comming with mod4.

in fact i cannot open the modul itself- always get a errormessage:" cant find dsp file wdm please check installation"

i allready found the topic on xited.org and downloaded and installed the .sys files. also i downloaded mod 4 from sc ftp and found other sys files named x64 and i after lots of trys and rebooting it still is the same shit... wondering if mod4 have to be installed with an exe... but no way to open the exe from sc webside because of the x86 problem... should not be the problem as others also just put the files abd folders in the scope libary...

if i have a look at the wdm folder under xite/ app/ bin/ wdm i only see one file named scopexiteProp.dll..... should i see more than that?

if it might help: i use win7 64 bit ultimate on dual i5....

any ideas? makes me crazy as the tapedelay is what i am most after with mod 4...
jksuperstar

Re: problems with tapedelay mod4

Post by jksuperstar »

pm the user "garyb". He has the .exe unzipped for install. If that doesn't work, I can send it to you, but it may not be for a couple days.
Zimbo

Post by Zimbo »

Thanks,

So you and Gary have different installers than on the sc website? The Problem beeing Not able to install might be because its Zipped? To be clear: i havemod 4 and all Moduls Running exept of the tapedelay.. However maby that Helms.. Will send a pm to Gary and ask him. Will Report Results later- i know i am Not the only One with this Problem..

Thanks
astroman

Post by astroman »

I don't know what's in SC's current archive, but I had the same problem when I bought Mod IV as an individual product.
A couple of files were missing in the package... (Ralf sent them later by email)
but that error message also pops up under different circumstances, when the files are present, but can't be accessed due to some filesystem lock or attributes or whatever (the 'classic' error, that's frequently mentioned here)

cheers, Tom
Zimbo

Post by Zimbo »

Hi,

Gary helped me Out easily- i just was Not Running scope as Admin.

Now it Works but i get some Strange Artefakts. Sounds like a Löw saplerate or something Even at 96k... Will quit for today and See if ths can be solved. Just wondering if its a failure or just how it Sounds. Reminds me a Bit on the BBC but far less Extreme...