Gate SEQ output?

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Chisel

Gate SEQ output?

Post by Chisel »

I just got the Expert Sleepers ES-3 (ADAT in to 8 DC-coupled 3.5mm outputs) to interface with my MFB Kraftzwerg semi-modular analog synth. Of course the Silent Way software works great. NI Reaktor is wonderful in creating monster hybrids. I'm having a ton of fun modulating the Kraftzwerg with Scope Modular III. There's only one thing I can't figure out with Modular III. What is the output of the Gate SEQ module? I can't get the output of the Gate SEQ module to trigger the envelope on my Kraftzwerg. If I use a Modular III LFO instead, then it triggers the envelope fine. So as a workaround, I synced the LFO and Pitch SEQ to the MIDI clock and use the LFO in place of the Gate SEQ. I'd like to get the Gate SEQ working for more complex sequences. I just need to get the output the same as the LFO so it triggers properly.

Thanks!
chisel316
djmicron

Re: Gate SEQ output?

Post by djmicron »

isn't the gate out at the bottom right?
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

Is the gate out MIDI or audio? If it's MIDI, that would explain why it doesn't trigger my hardware envelope. If it's audio, then I need to figure out how I can convert the CV so that it will trigger the envelope. BTW, you don't need Silent Way to make a hybrid modular with software and hardware. You just need a DC-coupled audio interface. Silent Way does have a useful suite of plugins including a software MIDI to CV converter, but it's not necessary if you simply want to modulate your hardware synths with Scope modules (i.e. LFO).

Peace \/
chisel316
dawman

Post by dawman »

Expert Sleepers Silentway Suite....
Chisel

Post by Chisel »

dawman wrote:Expert Sleepers Silentway Suite....
Are you saying that the Modular III Gate SEQ output is MIDI?