Modular with Waldorf Wavetables versus Waldorf MicroWave XT?

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

paugui

Modular with Waldorf Wavetables versus Waldorf MicroWave XT?

Post by paugui »

Hi

I have some scope boards and was thinking of using the Modular to do some wavetable sounds.
I also have an Ensoniq Fizmo and a Waldorf Blofeld that can do that, but I see that lots of people still consider the Waldorf MicroWave XT to be a really good synth (better than the Blofeld for the Waldorf sound at least).

Because of that, I was wanting to add one of those to my setup, but since I have so many synths now, I think it's more GAS than a real need...

Do you guys think that with the Blofeld and the Wavetables in the Modular software shall be enough to get the good Waldorf Wavetable sounds?

Thanks in advance,
Best

Paulo
jhulk

Re: Modular with Waldorf Wavetables versus Waldorf MicroWave

Post by jhulk »

the uwave2/xt you have the wavetables in blofeld and can easily make any sound that the xt makes and as you can do user wavetables in the blofeld you can use any wavetable of the xt user wavetables

the uwave 1 sounds much better

i have a wave and the uwave1 sounds very close the only difference is the filters there dual filters on the wave

and it can resynthesize sounds into user wavetables that the uwave cant

but if you get a uwave get version2 as it comes with a voice synth where you can do robotic voices

i have a fizmo and i have asr10 synths that i make wavetables called transwaves for it

im hopeing when i get the dsk that i will be able to impliment a transwave osc so that we can have user wavetables

i have done some extended samples of uwave tables for exiteforlive to use in his solaris

the waldorf os has all the internal wavetables of the uwavext so any sound patch that the xt that uses any of the internal wavetables you can make

but one advantage over the xt is that in a modular patch you can have 3 waldorf osc and each osc can have a diferent wavetable playing at the same time

where as the xt can only have 1 wavetable on the 2 osc section as they both use the same wavetable but can detune and sync and do fm
faxinadu

Re: Modular with Waldorf Wavetables versus Waldorf MicroWave

Post by faxinadu »

more than enough! don't forget modular has its own cw wavetable osc along with the waldorf one, and you have flexor with the wavedraw and other shapers you can get endless amounts of wavetable shapes
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/