C4TStik Modular Advice

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

C4TStik Modular Advice

Post by dawman »

I have connected the Joystick from Solaris hardware synth into my Scope projects using Modular and am loving the way I can use just the Waldorf Wavetables, Sample Oscillators, or Prophet VS Wavetables and blend their sounds with the powerful Oscillators from Flexor III.
I am using an antiquated X-Y Controller module which is fine and works well, I use CC17 and CC17 and it tracks beautifully, but I was hoping to get audiorate modulations from Expert Sleepers Silentway and wondering if the C4TStik would be a wiser choice, but I cannot figure out what the connection are..
Does anyone use this, or have an idea of how it works.
I would appreciate any help as I think it might be the best choice for a hardware Joystick.
Especially if the LFO is coming from the Expert Sleepers Silentway.
Untitled1.JPG
sharc

Re: C4TStik Modular Advice

Post by sharc »

Not sure if you figured this one out yet Jimmy. IIRC the connections you're looking for are the 4 x EXT inputs and outputs in the middle for X/Y/X+Y mix. Then on the panel switch to EXT IN and set the VCA knobs to suit. For MIDI CC assignment assign your two CC's to the sliders at the edge of the joystick.

Think that'll work, but can't be sure as I'm not able to test it at this end atm. The only version I've got here is the latest update and the panel doesn't open as the module is unprotected. Don't have access to the SDK just now to sort that, so would appreciate if you could PM me the module.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Are you trying to combine both audio-rate/expert sleepers AND the joystick? Or thinking of sending the joystick *through* expert sleepers then into scope as audio?

I think the C4TStick or even Flexor ElasticX/Y (just has no LFO) module would do just as good a conversion of MIDI to CV/Audio rate signals as expert sleepers would, and you'd have 4 less audio ports/modular inputs required.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wow I missed this and I really want to use this in a Modular patch I can make with Modular IV.
I'd love to see the update and will see if the pm allows the device to be sent, so if you see my name there it must have worked.
As far as the othe VCA stuff I dont know what I can or want to do, but Solariss Joystick is really uneeded as I can use 2 Ribbons, Pedals and the Mod for most of my needs.
Bit comntrolling the joystick you made and use it to it;s fullest is what I am looking to do.
I did assign 2 CCs effortelssley tiothe x-y thingamajigs. CC16 & 17.

Hope you and Shroomz are doing things you like.... :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

And Expert Sleepers might not even be needed but I will attempt anything at this point.
Solaris being blended with features that Solaris doesn't have, which are very few, is a real treat with basic MIDI CC Control of a Modular a-y fader and a Multi Filter. I just want to use as many Modular paches as possible, The large alfonso amd sjhulk, facinade style towers don;t work too well in Modular IV yet. but their assignamenst to fill in the blank DSPs and using several of them at a time is really a better way for me, as I like having specific patches for specific purposes, and lots of them....

AS You Were....
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

i would like to use this module also

as the flexor version only outputs x/y so for me to do 4 x vca vector mixing i have to come up with some extra tweaks to get it working

it works but having 1 module to perform it would be better

and looking at this module it looks like it has the inputs and output to replace several circuits that i ahve to use todo the same

are you doing a updated version or are you going to put up another download of this module

jimmy the vp330 is ready i will update your folder in the next comming days

and the string hybrid will be ready after that
sharc

Post by sharc »

jhulk wrote:are you doing a updated version or are you going to put up another download of this module
I'd say it's more of a reboot. It has threads of the original C4TSTIK DNA, but It's got a lot more to it :lol:

I'll be getting back to work on the C4TSTIK shortly, bur first priority is another [not so] little modular project.