fm osc and wavetable and filter design for sdk

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

jhulk

fm osc and wavetable and filter design for sdk

Post by jhulk »

i have an sy99 and tx81z

now on the op you are able to use on the 1 of 8 additive waves on the tx817 and 16 on the sy99

so on an 4 op synth you can do dx7 patches and more due to the fact that from 1 op you can do what would take 2ops on the dx7

now on the sy99 you can patch in the ops any way you likeor use one of the algo of the 36 available and use samples as carreirs or modulators

is there a fm module that can take a additive osc module as modulating input which the can modulate a fm osc to get the same type of effect

and if not does any one know if s/c are going to allow external c++ programming with python script support

as i could write my own as i have done with the transwave creating tool which are audio wavetables that change over time

also have a c++ python script for turning my transwaves into 128 single cycles into 16waves with interpolation wavetable files

any info or help would be appreciated

i have also enquired about the sdk and am awaiting info from s/c as they said they said in an email that they would be contacting me

does anyone know how long the wait is as i would like to start using the sdk to creat my own modules for the modular as i make real hardware modular synths and do my own filters and have a hard ware morphing oberhiem matrix 12 filter which uses pole mixing and

ota,s in the topology of the korg njm4069 dss1 synth filter ic which is a dual mixer with external input for noise and a resonance input feed back and a vca with either linear control or log control and by taping the poles you can have a filter network of 15 differnt types of filters and they can be morphed through in real time

this would then would allow us to create emulations of the matrix12 as the cem osc are now available and also the cem filters are available just would need to add the pole mixing and final output morphing mixer to do the emulations
roy thinnes

Re: fm osc and wavetable and filter design for sdk

Post by roy thinnes »

hi jhulk,
I'm a complete moron regarding c++, sorry.
but in general, the Modular Synth is a good pointer for what's possible with the sdk - w/o additional dsp programming.
if you intend to do some modules for the Modular, possibly even with new dsp modules, this would be perfect!
do you have an xite, or a pciCard? maybe on winXP?
I'm asking this because the new sdk 5.1 IMHO still has some teething problems; the old sdk 4.0 still rocks (but on winXp).
If you have any questions regarding sdk, feel free to contact me.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Just thought I'd post my support for getting transwaves into a device, or as a module. I'm very interested in getting a FIZMO (as close as possible) running on SCOPE!! It is a somewhat limited synth, but also very unique and stands alone in some of the sounds it makes.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

the fizmo is just the iceberg as your limited by the internal rom

theasr10 and ts10 are way better

as you can have upto 8 layers of transwaves

no res filter

but 8 layered transwaves kicks the fizmo into touch

i rarely use mine know and seeing how they are getting higher in second hand sales i think i will be parting with mine

as im going to make the transwave osc available for modular synth in scope when i get my dirty hands on the open scope 6 platform
dawman

Post by dawman »

Your waves work great in Solaris. They are thick, and allow the mixing of Prohpet VS and Waldorfs to get more meat behind them...
Really nice sounding VOX and transwaves....
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

That would be great jhulk. Look forward to trying those out when you release them, and thanks also for all the other wavetables that you released a couple of weeks back :)
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

thanks and yes i be doing a transwave osc plus a sfz/sf2 container player osc

plus some filter emulations that we dont have

im going to release the wavestation wavetable next theres over 600 samples

and jimmy glad you enjoyed the spectra samples multicycles and all the other wave tables did you get the virus wavetable for the solaris