workaround for connection bugs

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

tomylee

workaround for connection bugs

Post by tomylee »

hello, does someone know any workarounds for connection bugs? I have silly bugs from mod 2 to 4 where some slots will accept only certain connections and if youre not careful it wont even accept those which worked just 1 minute before...I have to delete several modules and redo the connections hoping that it works, but that is very frustrating and time consuming, does anyone have a better workaround?

greets
lee
Tau

Re: workaround for connection bugs

Post by Tau »

Not sure if I understand your problem, but sometimes in Mod IV, it seems to be that the previous connection is still active, even though it's not apparent. In those cases, it usually works to disconnect the module by right-clicking, then redoing the connections.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

have the same problems as the thread poster... sometimes i cant connect anything.. and sometimes my modulars simply get messed up and wont play any sound at all - repatching wont help. only a rebuild from scratch... this has happened on different computers with different setups, so i guess it must be a modular problem.

A solution would be great!:)
dante

Post by dante »

I discovered a trick here for my article :

http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_07/modular.htm

"Although the output levels of the 'Mix', 'polyOut', Delay and Chorus modules may 'appear' to be turned up, move all output knobs and sliders slightly. It is possible that output settings on audio processors do not take effect if you set them before any cables were attached. "

My finding here was that the cable connections were ok, but it was the knobs in each module that needed a movement.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

thanks man!!! i'll try it out!
tomylee

Post by tomylee »

Tau wrote:Not sure if I understand your problem, but sometimes in Mod IV, it seems to be that the previous connection is still active, even though it's not apparent. In those cases, it usually works to disconnect the module by right-clicking, then redoing the connections.
the disconnect thing might work, have to try it today

btw anyone knows how the fcmoddly 2 works? seems like the freq input does nothing

edit...ah, I just had to delete all other modules...this system is so complicated it cant work flawlessly it seems.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

The mod environment does have it's quirks. I find I have to delete a module and reload it if it doesn't accept connections. I am constantly hitting the save button when building to minimise loss. However I'm not a fan of autosave.