modular II from V2 in V3

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

krip

Post by krip »

I installed V3 using the key from my old keylog (I hope that's OK - It worked fine I think).

Then I wanted to start a new modular 2 but found there was no empty modular module. I naturally copied one from the old mod2 folder to the new one, that worked too.

The question is : how come mod2 in V3 has the same interface as it did B4? i.e. the 'old' presets scheme etc. I wonder if this is the way it's suppose to be.

Cheers Ira
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

In the new version there's a 8x8 empty mod, an a couple of new modules (check filters and effect, maybe more, donno).

But, i also copied all my old patch and 4x4 empty mod2 by Ingo, and the 2x2 empty mod2 from the original.

All work fine, an the preset is still like the old one. I installed directly using the Propack keys.

Post by Ben Walker »

Then I wanted to start a new modular 2 but found there was no empty modular module.
There should be two in the drop down menu in the project menu - one which is the old one and one which is 8 in & 8 out. They should (I think) be in the DevicesModular directory.
The question is : how come mod2 in V3 has the same interface as it did B4? i.e. the 'old' presets scheme etc. I wonder if this is the way it's suppose to be.
Yes, this is the way it's supposed to be. Not all v2 synths have been updated yet - I suspect that each synth which is being updated to work in XTC mode will get the new preset treatment (the new presets lists first appeared with XTC), and I don't know whether there are plans to make the Modular work in XTC mode - could be pretty difficult to make that work.
Just speculation, though.
Ben