Multi Envelope Mixing

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Multi Envelope Mixing

Post by dawman »

Not sure if anyone likes the way Studio Electronics or other hardware Analog synths have multiple envelopes each with their own amounts to mix.
This Modular patch has been tweaked from the usual 4 x 1 Gain Switch for envelope routing to a mixer wher various envelopes can be mixed.
The AHD Loop envelope has been reworked by Julian @ Soniccore and it's a blessing.
My hardware synths have no such envelope, so again, having hardware emulated, then bypassing its capabilities is what siftware should do IMHO. Otherwise there's no reason to settle for software as an option. So thanks to the designers of this great module.
I can get those crazy sounds the Who had their keyboardist doing years ago that everyone assumed was the Oberheim Sequencer.......still don't know what synth it really was as the internet experts think they know, but I saw these guys live and couldn't see the Oberheim DS anywhere.....doesn't matter though now.

I am sure most folks can see the 4 x 1 mixer from Roy w/ the Inv. switches.......and then realize which envelope output goes to which mixer input. ADSR / ADSR Inv. / AHD and SelfMultiply by John Bowen, but the 2 x 1 mixer ( also RoyT ) was used for seperating or combining the Unipolar or BiPolar signals from the AHD Loop Envelope.

At any rate those complex combinations can get really nice Brass Hit/Swells, and ZZ Top/Who Grooves, and evolving pads are also extra sweet.
Untitled.jpg
sonicstrav

Re: Multi Envelope Mixing

Post by sonicstrav »

I'm going to get back in this stuff with my 2nd semester videos - will have to revise some of the stuff at base camp while Mr.Jimmy is going out alone where no man has been through mountainous vistas of sound (Hey, you could do the missing videos :) )
dawman

Re: Multi Envelope Mixing

Post by dawman »

I would turn around and have my naked ass cheeks open and close like Jim Carey in Pet Detective. May as well have fun 'eh.
Actually this wasn't in the class videos, but since Assaf always emphasized the importance of them I decided to dig deeper and experiment more.
That's why I love Scope Modular.
I dont 15,000 worth of hardware modules to get great sounding results.