Sample Oscillator Random Tunings

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Sample Oscillator Random Tunings

Post by dawman »

Anyone noticing the random notes that are coming from using DeTune wav. files & Vocal wav. files?
I am hoping this is from the wav. editor that was used and not the Sample Oscillator. If its a bug in the Sample Oscillator I need to put it in with all of the other things to fix list for S|C.
Can anyone confirm this for me.

Thanks

edit: I haven't had any problems using these wav.'s in Prowave's Sample Oscillators.
So I am thinking Modular has another ghost to banish.
at0m

Re: Sample Oscillator Random Tunings

Post by at0m »

Can you elaborate? Are you getting different pitches each time you play the sample, or does the sample's pitch not correspond to the notes it's receiving? Did you connect the SmplF? What version of SampleOsc are you using? Tried here with the Scope v5 new-looking, black SampleOsc, and I cannot reproduce - at least, from what I understand from your issue...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have the old blue version for the XITE-1, although I can copy the black version over.
I am getting pitches randomly and I am hoping its not from the Mod IV shell, or having the Pitch B Modifiers connected for Mod Wheel use.
I checked all SFreq outs using MVC A and MVC C and double checked all routings since I spend hours doing this, I realize I can get sloppy from fatigue, but I woke up and tried this again and the same random pitches keep coming up from all 3 of the seperate SOsc's.
I will make the patch in Mod II using all Mod II and III modules, and iof it still sucks, can I send it to you for an opinion..?
Thanks again for your help...
at0m

Post by at0m »

Sure, you got my coordinates :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

Coolness..........
I will make sure after you have breakfast with the family that it will be available....
Thanks.
David

Post by David »

Was there a conclusion to this topic?
Was the oscillator at fault or the .wav?

If you send the project I can also test
dawman

Post by dawman »

I have decided to use Prowave because I didn't have time to tweak around and needed a working solution for the studio. Its one of those gigs where anyone, Bassist, engineer, Guitarist, etc., displays any downtime for loading, or head scratching it's a major negative.
I already got the eyes because my Kontakt DAW was 32bit and can't load everything at once.
Since I had no warning and woke up one day for this lengthy project I had to jump. I will see if Ihave a copy of the patch I can send you.
You do have Mod IV right cheif..?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Pitch bend MIDI cc not resetting to zero?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3