10 years old

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ben Walker

10 years old

Post by Ben Walker »

I was amazed to discover that modularsynth.co.uk is 10 years old tomorrow!
During that time I've tried to document pretty much every new development that's happened for our beloved modular synth, and make a record of every new patch and module that's been created.

I've been working on a revamped picture archive for some time now, and although it's not quite finished, I thought I should make it public in order to celebrate this anniversary.
The pictures page has had more than 50 new images added (more still to come, but I couldn't quite get it done in time) and has also been split into 7 (fairly arbitrary) sections. Not just album covers any more, I'm trying to display all the pictures of modular synths that I can display in a musical context - so pictures of synths alone don't make it - I want to show the modulars with their creators, or the musicians that use them, or the albums they were pictured on. If you have any more to add, do let me know. Also let me know if you have any problems looking at the revamped page. Each thumbnail should open in a pop up window, and you can then scroll through all the pictures in one section within that window.

In order to become the de facto archive of the SonicCore modular, I have further plans for the year ahead. I'm moving to a new host to give myself a bit more space, and I'm going to try and upload all of the 'missing' patches and modules which have been uploaded over the years (to PlanetZ, Creamware and elsewhere) and which have since disappeared from the web. I might need your help trakcing some of these down. Finally, I plan to make a searchable patch archive, so that people can find all patches created by a certain person, all patches using Flexor, etc. That's going to be the biggest task, and I may need some help with that too.

Thanks to everyone in this wonderful, supportive community - it's a real pleasure to spend time with you! And thanks a million to all the patchers and developers who've continued to make this such an exciting platform.
t_tangent

Re: 10 years old

Post by t_tangent »

Hi Ben,

Congrats on your 10th Anniversary. It is a superb site already, but those updates you plan to implement will certainly make it even more handy :)

So thanks again and "Long Live Modularsynth.co.uk" :)
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Thanks for putting so much work into making such a great resource for the rest of us!
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
David

Post by David »

Terrific achievement and accomplishment, I'll take this opportunity to thank you for your great efforts as they have served me well over the years.
The future is looking bright.
Happy Birthday
dawman

Post by dawman »

What can I say...when I first got involved with Scope the first thing I saw was the JD800 waves you made and the Modular patch.
The site has always been appreciated and 10 years is nice round figure
Happy Birthday ModCorner..

BTW I busted some serious balls from members who have been her since 2000 and even have some Mod 1 patches that are really funny looking.
So I might be able to help out with missing Modules, etc.

Cheers.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Woh, Ben, congratulations!! I can imagine, when you first started the page on crosswinds, making lists of publicly available patches, that the list wouldn't explode the way it did - the rate of patches being posted here a couple years ago was quite stupendous =]

Great work :)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

happy 10th birthday :D
your upgrade plans are very useful!
a serach option will be welcome, thanks a lot Ben :)

mod1, 2, 3, 4; flexor; third part; synth, efx or noodles; author; genre... some useful search tags.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Thanks Ben for all your hard work!

Nice to see a new update!

Mysterious modules in this diagram - hey Jimmy :) you might have these

Obsidian Shaper, Obsidian Inverter, Obsidian Rectifier Half (was this done by a UK dev who has now disappeared?)

http://web.archive.org/web/200104252044 ... ration.txt

Probably existing stuff will do the same job except the shaper

Now all we need is the final release of Modular IV with a proper manual!
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Here is Creamware's page 10 years ago

http://web.archive.org/web/200101282045 ... efault.asp

'The resurrection of the Prophet
Inspired by the legendary Prophet VS, the new Vectron synthesizer is in a class all by itself. Thanks to advanced vector synthesis, a fat filter, incredible modulation features and internal effects, it brings breathtaking fresh sounds to your tracks.
Get vectored! Only for Pulsar and SCOPE /SP systems.'
roy thinnes

Post by roy thinnes »

Hi Ben and congrats to 10 years of Modularsynth.co.uk.!

you made me addicted to Cw's Modular Synth :x :cry: :) :D
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

:lol: F*cking disturbing! I hope there is no chocolate filling! :o :roll: :D :o :)

Who makes cakes like that?

Not you're conventional wedding cake :lol:
doktorfuture

Post by doktorfuture »

Ben,

I love you!

Yell if you need a host. I have several powerful boxes with 100 megabit connections.

P