Switches Are Really Cool

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Switches Are Really Cool

Post by dawman »

I am learning how to place the switches properly now.
I really like Roy's 2 x 1 Switches becasue of the text.
Makes copy a synth from a diagram much easier.
But at first I do need the large blue texts of Roys.
After I get familiar I can go small...
01-100325_2007.mp3
ARP Odyssey MKI.JPG
Reaper 001.mp3
Last edited by dawman on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siriusbliss

Re: Switches Are Really Cool

Post by siriusbliss »

sweet.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Is that a filthy little arp oddy I spy 8)
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Wow - that second track (reaper) is lush!
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I like your jazz stuff - reminds of this below - Metropolis Street Racer had a really good soundtrack - Richard Jacques does loads of different styles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxU66F8IY7o

I want to learn how to do this shit...I'll need to start practising the chops and learn jazz harmony properly play all the chords in all the keys :o :lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hey dont worry about the all keys stuff. Sure it's great practicing but Jazz is usually in rhythm instrumet keys or horn transpositions.
All keys is good for classical. So unless you need to serenade Rapunzel with boring gay love songs, hang with the 2-5-7 in C, F and Bflat.
I have to play with Rock Gods on occasion so E and A are prevelant, but those are actually offchutes of C II/V/VII....
I have some suggestions for building chops and dexterity along w/ confidence.
Hanon's Piano Excercises, and Czerny. 50+ years and still nothing gets young performers more motivated.
Reason why is you'll be matching both hands, learning rhythm and scales, adding strength to ligaments and metacarpal muscle never used before.
Within 2 days you can play the first couple, But then you kick up the BPM until it becomes an " excercize. " Litereally.
Plus it sounds cool and makes one think they are already a COncert Pianist.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Thanks for the tip Jimmy, I have one of those cheap Yamaha Clavinova pianos downstairs just sitting on its own not connected to anything. My fingers have no strength at all but I can bash the chords out no problem but slowly - I understand G sus4, Cmaj7, C13 #5 and all fucked up complicated jazz chords - and I have a good idea where to go (I've studied Classical harmony - done all that Arnold Schoenberg stuff on regions and screwy chromatic harmony (It's actually quite interesting but seems to have no purpose here)) - but I'm too slow on the keyboard. Perhaps that Czerny stuff will help me do improvisation on the right hand while I bash out chords clumsily on the left.

BTW What extensions do you play on those chords II , V , VII -
Normal 7ths, Dominant 7ths on II and VII, Major 7ths (a la Bacharach), sus 4, 13ths, 9ths etc. etc,. ????

Have downloaded the exercises from IMSLP - great site for free classical sheet music
Last edited by sonicstrav on Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

The stuff I play is so Zawinul-ish it's hard to describe as its based on the intervals and inversions.
With so many good players on the scene these days its hard to go wrong listening to anyone.
But Josef Zawinul is still my all time favorite guy when it comes to strucutre and voice leading of chords and intervals.
Plus I was blessed to see him live a few times and I was so impressed to see him watching and listening to everyone without even looking at his keyboard.
This is where you really learn IMHO.
It's all good sitting around and practicing but being able to hear other players and then compliment their performance is the juice IMHO.
Chops are great to have but if you dont listen to the other players you are just pissing in the wind..
Zawinul was the most impressive, considerate performer I ever saw.....period.
I cried when I heard he died and I knew I was never going to ever shake his hand or hear any more of his incredible performances..... :cry:
modularman

Post by modularman »

Hi jimmy :wink:

Me too, i had the chance to see Mister Zawinul on stage 2 or 3 times but never with Weather Report :cry:

One of the last giant died ........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

YT
Vita Brevis ......... Ars Longa
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am truly envious.
I remember the last performance was Weather Update..........a name that pissed Wayne Shorter off I suppose.
Bloody Lucky You.........
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I am truly envious.
I remember the last performance was Weather Update..........a name that pissed Wayne Shorter off I suppose.
Bloody Lucky You.........
I saw WP twice, including once with Jaco (another monster player). Love the Weather Report!

I also saw Joe Z. play at NAMM a couple times just before he died.
Also worked with his keyboard roady at one time.

Joe was a great guy.

Is it true he had one of his keyboards wired backward?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqashW66D7o

G