Strange Modular problem

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

ninja_kodou

Strange Modular problem

Post by ninja_kodou »

hi guys.. i've recently encountered a strange problem with my modular.. first of all this is my setup:
i have a Scope Home & pulsar cards (9 DSP total)
SFP v4.0 running on a Win XP PC
the modular in question is Modular 2.
and my DAW is FL Studio.

strange problem is that all SFP synths work fine except the modular, all worked fine before but today suddenly out of the blue it just stopped
it loads fine, i triple checked that all is wired correctly in SFP, Modular itself and the DAW. there's definatly MIDI commands
coming from the DAW into modular but no sound comes out. if i wire a different synth in a similar way (same midi in and to the same ASIO Dest port)
it works fine and i get proper sound.

i've tryed remaking my modular start patch, reloading different modules in SFP, rerouting the whole thing from nothing and re-installing SFP.

please guys i really need your help since the modular is the synth i use the most, and i cant afford the upgrade right now if this is a soft-bug.
i really cant put my finger on it since it worked perfectly until recently....

thanX to all helpers in advance!

EYAL M
IL
dawman

Re: Strange Modular problem

Post by dawman »

Post a jpeg. of your project.
ninja_kodou

Post by ninja_kodou »

thats just the thing...
i did just that but nothing actually changed.
i'm not what you would call an advance \ pro user... i deal with more basic stuff
i have my basic project from which i work (which is a simple one as you'll see),
and a basic modular start patch from which i build my synthes, so i always start the same way from the same point and it just... stopped.
i have a work routine so it would be easy to pick up on changes, there just werent none.

Image Image
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Check in the live bar that you havent set the modular to 0 voices (guess this would result in no sound).

If its greater than 0 then swap the modular you are using with one of the modular patches that gets installed when you install modular. If that works then you know the problem lies with the modular patch you have built and you can start debugging it (post a pic of your basic modular patch - I reckon thats where the problem is).

Its not a software bug that requires an update as you said it worked before.

Welcome to the PlanetZ

J
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
ninja_kodou

Post by ninja_kodou »

ThanX for all the help you guys!
another re-install of the SFP +Drivers has sorted this problem out for now, hopefully for good...
weird that it didnt work the first time i did it...

Ninja