which folder to put modular modules ??

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

RP_001

which folder to put modular modules ??

Post by RP_001 »

I installed mod4 beta & flexor 1.5 and downloaded the BC Modules and CWModular devices..
Should everything be in the c:\scope\modular modules folder like a have right now??

A post from months ago suggested that everything should be in the modular2 modules folder..

In my routing window i have modular 2, modular 3, and modular 4. They all contain the "empty modular" and "empty modular 8-8" devices and the "patches" subfolder. However, in the modular 2 subfolder there is also some other subfolders..

What's the most convenient way for installing everything?

[img]
rp modular windows.JPG
rp modular windows.JPG (167.64 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
[/img]

ps I already deleted the flexor folder in my routing window, because it was already in C:\scope\modular modules also..
dawman

Re: which folder to put modular modules ??

Post by dawman »

That's the way.
But I would add a PlanetZ Dev. folder for Sal, Shroomz, j9k and others.
Black Box is only a few modules, but very important IMHO, but they could have their own folder inside of the SDK/PlanetZ stuff.
Just a thought...

The Envelopes and Shapers should be inside of the Flexor Folder.
I still have patches for Mod II seperate from Mod III. As more patches become available for Mod IV that folder will fill up like 2 & 3.

Make sure to get the Flexor Manual in pdf. too.
untitled.JPG
untitled1.JPG
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Great, thanks for explaining.. i think i have everything sorted out now so far..
I also have patches seperated for mod2 and mod3, and also divided them into subcatagories..

Should the prowave modular also be in the "c:\scope xite\modular modules" folder ??

i will check for all the missing modules on the forum now...
dawman

Post by dawman »

I would stick it in the patches where the Empty Modular and the Empty 8x8 Modular shells are.
Even though it's a device the Modular Insert M & S are also devices not mdl.'s and they can be inserted via a right click in Prowaves Oscillator, or Filter slots.
I have difficulty getting more than 4 voices with the choice of Modules I like in PWave Modular. The Modular Inserts work better, but you cannot change their content or even edit them once loaded.
But Prowave Modular because of it's Unison Stacking/Detuning capabilities, is a really excellent MonoPhonic / ARP DuoPhonic synth. It's super Fat and the Legato unison feature in the lower right corner is totally unique and perfect for Mono Legato synth presets. It doesn't say much about Legato in the manual, but it is a monophonic feature, not really useful for Polyphonic work.
You're getting a serious Battle Wagon of a rig ain't ya'..?
Lexicon hardware, and XITE-1 all of the fierce synths , etc.
I sure hope you start punishing the public with it sometime..
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

yep, only a couple of the essential devices left (Flexor3/Qwave SE), and im complete as far as synths concerned :)
First priority is to replace my roland jx305 for a decent midi master controller to control all scope synths. Probably a KS88 Pro.

All the hardware runs so damn smooth with xite, and it's becoming better everyday. Maybe one day i will use it live but i will concentrate on finishing some tracks first. I wll also do some experimenting next months using traktor/other dj program alongside Xite with LBH running simultaniously. A lot of new stuff to learn :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

The KS88 is a cheap piece of shit.
But that's what they make these days.
The KS88 just happens to be the best cheap piece of shit available.
The new Yamahas are junk, the Akai's are junk the Fatar's are for the guys who actually think the action is awesome, etc.
At the end of the day is the libraries and sounds being triggered that can cause the action to " suck. "
I have placed felt strips on mine even have custom velocity layouts per intrument and even presets in Bidule....
If they ever decide to break down and make a controller I will be the first to buy it. But every year at NAMM I come back wishing someone would answer the guys who really want something nice, but they are only in the business to make a profit and use Chinese labor. They are even cheaper than Mexicans... :o
I love playing the controllers at NAMM and having the rep come over and say wow you play Classical......and then they try to stoke you even more by saying other great ass kissing remarks....that's when you know the question is coming..............How do you like it...........I always tell them I never was a fan of Chinese Pianos or plastic controllers made with the cheapest labor and parts........they usually leave me alone after that......Ankyu.
at0m

Post by at0m »

You can put them wherever you want, just edit the cset.ini to contain the top folder for your modules. In there, use whatever feels right :)

[StaticPath]
Modules=C:/Scope/Modules/

The same goes for Devices, Effects,...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

organising modules is my biggest nightmare.

I just have no idea where to put what .....

I mean do I put all the filters together in one folder and OSC in another.... or keep all of em in sepaerate makers folders.

Arghhh it drives me nuts it does
dawman

Post by dawman »

It's no easy chore but downloading Roy's entire collection is a tutoral in itself.
I have developers folders, then use another folder for SDK/PlanetZ stuff, and the S|C/Creamware stuff stays as is.
In other words Creamware doesn't have a Scope folder with drop down menus. It is spread out logically. But once you add BCM,CwM, Flexor and SDK/PZ stuff it seems logical to keep them seperate from the default modules.
Sharc has some unique stuff totally different from Flexor and Roy, so say I want the infamous BCM Split Gate module, I can go right to it, instead of fishing through a single folder with dozens of gates.
Well now that I've confused you, I have a very fast workflow the way I am set up.
If you'd like some screenshots just say so and I can share my methods.

CiaoMein,