Havoc

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

nightscope

Havoc

Post by nightscope »

"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war..." 8)

Modular gets the heads up from F-Pod.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... r-4-a.html

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Fluxpod

Re: Havoc

Post by Fluxpod »

Thread didnt really fire off.Was hoping for less bluntness and more interrest but hey..... :roll:
dawman

Post by dawman »

stardust wrote:Obviously the guys there dont get infected by the magic and their ears are not trained enough to hear what a true scopey hears.
Try the mixing summing stuff, since the live argument did not impress much. BTW loading a modular project or preset isn't instantly as well.
:lol:

Well you'd have to learn how to make your own patches. :wink:
I figured with all of the years of forum chit-chat under your belt you knew that.
Sorry for having to correct you publicly, but I'd hate for someone to mistake you for a guy with experience on the XITE-1 or Modular, and then having them buy a Motiff..
The XITE-1 takes forever to load, but once it's up and running I can use Shroomz' or Wolf's MPC and load mulitple presets on multiple patches simultaneously. In case you ever record or do a gig, live cats load once and then use their controllers. Loading presets on a JBowen synth takes a while due to the 1000+ parameters, but even on the XITE-1 it's much faster.
I am happy you are sharing information with us in the XITE-1 thread. I am hoping you can buy one and come back to share some presets, patches and mixes you usually do.
Until then I will be grateful for the cartoons and search links. Saves me from hours of search overloads... :D I just don't seem to have all of those hours for that, so again it's really nice having someone do it for me. Thanks... :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

I really hate to correct you yet again, but I was invited there to share how I use Scope, not give advice.
I gave no advice, but rather explained why I cannot use a synth, Virtual or Real that has to be loaded unless it has features no other synth has, i.e. JBowens PolyGlide. I dumped my samplers for that very reason to go w/ virtual iunstruments, so obviously I see their value too.

But even Film Composers need to load a template once and then record to dub stage or stem out to hardware/ SAC.
How can you advise people that already have an arsenal of 99 dollar VSTi's they are happy with..? They do not need presets to load quickly and I am sure these synths are just fine for what their needs are.

I enjoy learning from members here at the Z, and also sharing ideas in a forum where hardware Modular Synth owners and live performers frequent.
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24

The mastering threads are really great at Gearslutz, and most guys there have hardware and SAC. They have great examples to learn from. I am actually now enrolled in the EIS program.
Learning and listening has no end. Threads like the ones at these one sentance posting forums are useless and a waste of time, as that thread demonstrated.
But hey what a great place to make new friends you'll never meet......... :lol:

Is that the real world you are referring to...?
dawman

Post by dawman »

stardust wrote::lol:
Also here there is not much to add.
You talk what you are worth.
And you talk a lot so it must be worth a lot as well.
:wink:
No mention of what I'm worth except by you. Thanks for the compliment though.
I think I understand the " Rich Guinnes Pigs " and " Fanboy " comments now.
I was kind of curious about those public blurts and the whole time it was common envy.
Look at it this way. Those who blaze ahead are bringing in revenue which leads to more development and eventually a more mature and affordable product. We are all Scopers here, and share the same developments, this should make old card holders happy knowing after ten years they have not been abandonned.
There's nothing more here to discuss. Your snide remarks are duly noted, and now that I understand your frustration, I sympathize.
I look forward to your contributions below in the cartoon threads......... :wink:
wayne

Post by wayne »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
katano

Post by katano »

stardust wrote::lol:
And another one.
You talk and talk and talk.
In the end you got OT and personal in this thread about advertising modular IV in another forum.
So you must have a problem.
Fix it. Dont talk.
Well stardust,

I don't really wanna get involved here, but you're the one with over 14k posts, aren't you? :D

Happy Holidays, cheers
Roman